2021/22 Nathan Patterson

Status
Not open for further replies.
But didn't Bobble say Delph was gonna be out for ages and then Everton said he'll he back next week? I don't know the fella so unsure if he's as ITK as I am.
Oh I tend to take all that stuff with a pinch of salt tbh, I just know he said something yesterday about being fit. I'm just a bit concerned we have not seen Patterson yet, that's all. I know we were linked with him and the other young lad Ramsey and I watched him vs Rangers the other week and he tends to work the full line whereas Patterson is known more for attacking. I just hope we have bought the RB we need and not the wrong one. Hopefully he will start in the cup.

Oh I tend to take all that stuff with a pinch of salt tbh, I just know he said something yesterday about being fit. I'm just a bit concerned we have not seen Patterson yet, that's all. I know we were linked with him and the other young lad Ramsey and I watched him vs Rangers the other week and he tends to work the full line whereas Patterson is known more for attacking. I just hope we have bought the RB we need and not the wrong one. Hopefully he will start in the cup.
I've been telling anyone who'd listen this for months.

He is not a defender, and we need defenders in a campaign that threatens relegation.

To be honest we probably needed someone who has played more than 12 professional games in his career at this point.
Couldn't agree more mate, I actually wanted us to look at Djed Spence (we have been linked to him previously) who is on loan at Forrest from Boro at the moment. He is big, quick, can run with the ball, but he gets stuck in with defending first and foremost so knows his role. I doubt he would have cost much.

Couldn't agree more mate, I actually wanted us to look at Djed Spence (we have been linked to him previously) who is on loan at Forrest from Boro at the moment. He is big, quick, can run with the ball, but he gets stuck in with defending first and foremost so knows his role. I doubt he would have cost much.

If he's on loan we couldn't have signed him though.

can’t say I’m surprised with his omission, Dunc would have prioritised defence first and just hoped his attacking players could get the job done.

I wonder if a decent manager could get this side playing in a 3-4-3 with Patterson playing to his strengths. Only issue is of course we just bought a defensive LB.

that depends on the terms of the loan apparently (see Chelsea's recent attempts to claw back various loan players) I was happy to wait till the summer for him anyway tbh.

Fair enough.

Hull was the perfect game to play Patterson. Makes you wonder Benitez hasn't, instead we are playing a over the hill Coleman or a player we all know isn't good enough, bizarre.

Status
Not open for further replies.