Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2021/22 Nathan Patterson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think the reason he didn’t get games for Rangers was because their best player was their right back.
Yeah I get that but it's not like he's a class act or anything, he's a player who spent most of his career in England in League One. It's not that surprising that if Patterson hadn't become first choice at Rangers he might not be ready to become first choice here just yet. I've barely seen the lad kick a ball, i'm not passing comment on his ability or potential, just saying what seems logical.

Yeah I get that but it's not like he's a class act or anything, he's a player who spent most of his career in England in League One. It's not that surprising that if Patterson hadn't become first choice at Rangers he might not be ready to become first choice here just yet. I've barely seen the lad kick a ball, i'm not passing comment on his ability or potential, just saying what seems logical.
Which is totally reasonable.

I think he'll be a really good signing for us.

Was he the starting right-back we needed right now? Absolutely not. But, that's just where we're at and I have no problem with them buying someone with an eye to the future.

No mate. He's the Caledonian Cafu. He HAS to be played...even though 3 managers have run the rule over him and realised he's way off the PL defensive standard.

Was any right back even an more seasoned player who could immediately make a contribution, going to immediately displace Coleman? Even though he has been drek he's the captain and has a distinguished history at Everton, so it makes tricky in just instantly discarding him. It's a locker room politics thing. I think Patterson will eventually be phased in but wont be expedited. Minus the illustrious club history thing the Coleman situation reminds me of when Phil Neville was captain, he was on the decline and a liability but Moyes was reluctant to replace him due to his captain status.

Is that the Tavernier that got the arse torn out of him by that Japanese lad the other night?

He's utter muck.
I don't think any Rangers fan would suggest that Tav is our best player, he's probably not in the running (I would suggest Aribo). But......as has been mentioned on here more times than I can count, Tavenier's numbers in terms of goals and assists are remarkable for a full-back, and he is the club captain. It would be an almost impossible task for any player coming in to dislodge someone with Tav's numbers across a season. I understand that Tavenier's career in England has been far from stellar, but it's not exactly going to be the first time a player has been picked out of a lower league team to them improve dramatically. In fact, is that not tge pattern that many football transfers follow follow?

I don't think any Rangers fan would suggest that Tav is our best player, he's probably not in the running (I would suggest Aribo). But......as has been mentioned on here more times than I can count, Tavenier's numbers in terms of goals and assists are remarkable for a full-back, and he is the club captain. It would be an almost impossible task for any player coming in to dislodge someone with Tav's numbers across a season. I understand that Tavenier's career in England has been far from stellar, but it's not exactly going to be the first time a player has been picked out of a lower league team to them improve dramatically. In fact, is that not tge pattern that many football transfers follow follow?
Follow, follow the leaders.

Which is totally reasonable.

I think he'll be a really good signing for us.

Was he the starting right-back we needed right now? Absolutely not. But, that's just where we're at and I have no problem with them buying someone with an eye to the future.
That is something we have been calling for with years.
My only regret is that we didn't bring in one or two more of that type of player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back