Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2021/22 Nathan Patterson

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the answer to the relegation question is Patterson we're already down.

Utter tripe believing a sub from up there has anything to offer us in this dog fight. We get balls in the box, and we dont score. That's ALL he has at best.
Your bizarre agenda against a 20 year old lad you will have hardly actually seen kick a ball is weird mate.

I say we give the kid a chance, and that he will more than likely be of more use to us than Coleman is.

Coleman held Saint maximin with the help of Mina and Allan for 30 minutes tonight. He also hasn’t got the legs to do what Frank is asking him. Patterson is defo worth a punt. Currently Braithwaite is our 5th choice centre half but he looked more assured and calm than both Keane and Holgate. If we want to play on the front foot we have to show horn Patterson in and how the Ukrainian gets fit too. Coleman and Townsend cannot play that system effectively enough.

Your bizarre agenda against a 20 year old lad you will have hardly actually seen kick a ball is weird mate.

I say we give the kid a chance, and that he will more than likely be of more use to us than Coleman is.
You'll see how bizarre it is when he steps on the pitch.

Don't know how people like yourself are willing to listen to the bitter ramblings of the sites resident lunatic!! rather than maybe waiting to see and looking forward to actually seeing what the boy can do.
I can assure you(from watching him at Ibrox) that he is more than capable of being a big star for Everton.
We may have to wait a while to see is the problem. If he's still unaminously behind those 3 below average players then he is of no help to us in the immediate future. Which is what we need given his 12 million transfer represents over 36% of our budget for this season.

Whilst Dave is a WUM, I also suspect you carry your own bias towards him skewing your judgement vs where he's actually at. I can't judge him as a footballer as not seen enough of him but these managers have and he's not played for them

Sorry chaps I fear the orange was right. Gerrard, Van Bronkhorst, Ferguson, Lampard and Benitez all seen this kid in training and picked a collection of Tavernier, Coleman and Kenny instead. This kids hype is built on the Scots having rock bottom expectations and no right back
Jesus. I get you're frustrated but you seem to taking it out on a young player yet to get a first team start. Doesn't exactly seem fair. I know Dave is desperate for him to fail but surely judgement should be postponed until he gets a sustained run? I take exception to the rock bottom expectations comment. Think of the other full backs Scotland has produced recently- Hickey (making a name in Serie A)Tierney, Robertson and Ramsay (Bologna currently bidding for him). While we don't have the best league, we know a good player when we see it. We watch the same game as you do.

We may have to wait a while to see is the problem. If he's still unaminously behind those 3 below average players then he is of no help to us in the immediate future. Which is what we need given his 12 million transfer represents over 36% of our budget for this season.

Whilst Dave is a WUM, I also suspect you carry your own bias towards him skewing your judgement vs where he's actually at. I can't judge him as a footballer as not seen enough of him but these managers have and he's not played for them
I suppose it's going to be a risk for any new manager to drop the captain straight away.

Jesus. I get you're frustrated but you seem to taking it out on a young player yet to get a first team start. Doesn't exactly seem fair. I know Dave is desperate for him to fail but surely judgement should be postponed until he gets a sustained run? I take exception to the rock bottom expectations comment. Think of the other full backs Scotland has produced recently- Hickey (making a name in Serie A)Tierney, Robertson and Ramsay (Bologna currently bidding for him). While we don't have the best league, we know a good player when we see it. We watch the same game as you do.
3 left backs and an 18 year old Aberdeen right back who also wouldn't get a minute in the Premier league. Jonjoe Kenny would get 10 caps for Scotland.

The idea of spending £11m on a RB with 27 senior games to his name in Scotland when we were in a relegation fight looking more and more sensible...

He deserves a go, because the alternatives are tosh, but it's not a good position to be in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back