Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2021/22 Nathan Patterson

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn’t be picking a right back over another right back because said first right back was good at penalties. I’d want the best right back.

We don’t get many penalties either, so it’d definitely not be at the forefront of my mind. A genuine question: who is the best at being a right back?
Would you not stick with said right back if he is returning 19 goals and 17 assists in a season. Considering the amount of time Rangers spend in opposition boxes per season, we've got a higher rate of penalties awarded (not because there's a masonic conspiracy, as some believe).
I think Patterson is, or will become, a better player all round than Tavernier.

What?!

This is an EVERTON forum. Why did you think I meant a source at rangers when I said "a source at the club?"

Look, Patterson is not impressing in training. It's why he hasn't seen a minute's game time since arriving.

Unbelievable that you'd be here making his case for him when he just turned his back on your club. I've never seen such craven behaviour before. Proper cap doffing stuff. If Everton had a player do that to us he wouldn't exist for me anymore, but here you are begging for Everton fans to like him.
Your just making that up. How the f would you know who is and who isn't performing at training.

I'm by no means writing him off. I honestly want him to come in and be given a go because surely it can't be any worse. I hope he comes in and hits the ground running. He could well have all the talent to do that. But bar the few posters on here who are Rangers fans so have watched the few games he has played closely, absolutely none of us know if he will be able to do that and so far, three different managers haven't used him in his short time at Everton despite the clear issues at right-back (and right now, left-back too).
He clearly has loads of potential but given the perilous position we are in we needed someone to come straight in it's another question mark on recruitment

Last edited:
Your just making that up. How the f would you know who is and who isn't performing at training.

According to Dave, the reason he`s not impressing in training, is that his sash keeps getting in his eyes and he keeps tripping up over his flute.

If we`d signed him from anyone else other than " The Evil Club " he wouldn`t have a problem with the lad.

Tavernier just scored another penalty last night. How many goals and assists does Coleman have per season?

1.) Coleman is not Everton's designated penalty taker.
2.) Even if Coleman were Evertons designated penalty taker, his stats would be lower since Rangers recieved more penalties.
3.) Even if Everton had recieved as many penalties as Rangers and Coleman and Tavernier took as many pens. The standard of goalkeeping on the SPL does not compare to the EPL.
4.) If James Tavernier was actually better than Coleman, then he would have been gone from Rangers long ago.

According to Dave, the reason he`s not impressing in training, is that his sash keeps getting in his eyes and he keeps tripping up over his flute.

If we`d signed him from anyone else other than " The Evil Club " he wouldn`t have a problem with the lad.
Its quite sad eh? I picture this grown man sitting at his computer face boiling like a kettle every time the lads name is mentioned.

What?!

This is an EVERTON forum. Why did you think I meant a source at rangers when I said "a source at the club?"

Look, Patterson is not impressing in training. It's why he hasn't seen a minute's game time since arriving.

Unbelievable that you'd be here making his case for him when he just turned his back on your club. I've never seen such craven behaviour before. Proper cap doffing stuff. If Everton had a player do that to us he wouldn't exist for me anymore, but here you are begging for Everton fans to like him.
Settle down. The fella obviously has an interest in how the young lad turns out.

And as for the "turning his back" he's been offered the chance to ply his trade in one of the best leagues in the world. Who wouldn't take that opportunity.

2 assists in 2 games last month...
Right ok maybe not nothing but are you telling me he is a threat through a game though? Patterson surely has more pace and dynamism, Kenny can float a few crosses in but he is largely a defensive right back and quite average for me. The fact no club has even come in for him and he is running his contract down says it all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back