Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2021/22 Nathan Patterson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh I think there is quite a bit of new data Dave, not least the fact that Coleman and Kenny have been part of a defence which has conceded 9 goals in our last 2 aways. He's tried a back 3, a back 4 and even,at times a back 5 and still we concede at an alarming rate. Perhaps he is reaching the conclusion that a change of personel is now required
He's also computing the 'data' of Coleman's contribution to recent wins over Leeds and Newcastle.

It's Lampard's call, at least I can confidently say that I'll respect that call. Can you?

Sure others have said it, but if Fronk won't or doesn't want to drop the captain, then play him on the right side of the 3 CBS (as I don't see that formation going either), he played the full 90 there for Eire last night, and play Patterson at rwb.

The kids gotta be worth a go now for me, in any formation Fronk chooses.

Sure others have said it, but if Fronk won't or doesn't want to drop the captain, then play him on the right side of the 3 CBS (as I don't see that formation going either), he played the full 90 there for Eire last night, and play Patterson at rwb.

The kids gotta be worth a go now for me, in any formation Fronk chooses.

Never a CB in a million years.

The only other solution would be for Coleman to slot in at CM.

It's funny, because I mentioned this as an idea a few weeks back and it got shot down by the clever people. Then Coleman steps into Saint Maximin, upends him and sets up a goal from the centre circle. ..and suddenly people are amenable to the idea.

...*another* one I got wrong....

Spence of Boro/Forest, looks like he'll sign for Arsenal.

If Patterson is loaned out, Forest would be a very good place for Patterson to go and do what Spence has just done: learn the trade of defending at a decent level.

Would like to see Nathan Patterson given a go, if only for the last ten or fifteen minutes of a couple of games to see how he goes. But, Frank Lampard is the boss and it's his call. If I knew anything about football I would have had a career in the game and not be wasting my time posting crap on here.

Spence of Boro/Forest, looks like he'll sign for Arsenal.

If Patterson is loaned out, Forest would be a very good place for Patterson to go and do what Spence has just done: learn the trade of defending at a decent level.
Forest are within earshot of actually qualifying for playoffs, though.

Are we loaning him to the PL as we'd be in the Championship anyway?

What do we do next season then at right-back
I've said what I think would be ideal (if we stay up): get rid of Kenny; buy a new RB; keep Coleman as the number 2 RB for next season; see if Patterson has oushed on to become a more rounded player in the Championship, and if he has - bring him back the following season to compete for the RB slot here and ease Coleman out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back