2022/23 Nathan Patterson

Status
Not open for further replies.
The truth of the matter is this: Seamus is far more direct at getting at the opposition defence even at this stage of his career.

This lad is floating about not doing much wrong but not doing much right.

I dont believe we can afford to hand out game experience in the position we're in.

Bit harsh mate, hes been good, its his 3rd PL game, hes not developing unless hes getting experience. Yesterday will have been good for him, he will be sitting down in the video room this week - looking at a few phases both attacking and for the goal.

He looked to me yesterday, like a lad who was worried of getting caught in behind so didnt rage forward, i still feel hes trying to find that balance. I think he can defend, i think he can attack, if hes in those positions. I think his development need is around his positioning and finding the optimal position to enable to be there to do both, to get the best out of his quality.

For sure he will need taking out and it will benefit him to be taken out at times for Coleman, i can see it coming, as we will be under pressure soon and Lampard will look to Coleman, hel bring him back in for the Zig and Zag cup, the lads doing fine, good for him to get a run of games, but we also have to develop him, there is a big talent there.

Last edited:
Bit harsh mate, hes been good, its his 3rd PL game, hes not developing unless hes getting experience. Yesterday will have been good for him, he will be sitting down in the video room this week - looking at a few phases both attacking and for the goal.

He looked to me yesterday, like a lad who was worried of getting caught in behind so didnt rage forward, i still feel hes trying to find that balance. I think he can defend, i think he can attack, if hes in those positions. I think his development need is around his positioning and finding the optimal position to enable to be there to do both, to get the best out of his quality.

For sure he will need taking out and it will benefit him to be taken out at times for Coleman, i can see it coming, as we will be under pressure soon and Lampard will look to Coleman, hel bring him back in for the Zig and Zag cup, the lads doing fine, good for him to get a run of games, but we also have to develop him, there is a big talent there.
That development should ahve been made on loan in the Championship. It's what we dod with Coleman and it's what he needs.

That development should ahve been made on loan in the Championship. It's what we dod with Coleman and it's what he needs.

Not for me mate, i think the lad will get games here, i wouldn't sigh if i see him on the team sheet. Coleman was goosed at phases last season it was only heart that kept him going, he needs support and we dont have the squad to send young Nathan out - hed be a terrific loan signing for someone mind. Dont think PL experience and training at that level with us will do him any harm. Hes well thought off - you can see because Frank has taken the luxury of minding Coleman a bit - thats really why we cant send him out, not sure i would anyhow.

He could have done better, but so could Pickford.

He needs to get forward more and be more aggressive at taking on his man.

…I don’t think it’s so much ‘taking on his man’, I think it’s using his running power against the opposition defence. More about driving at them rather than clever footwork.

I do think there’s a lack of ‘partnership’ being formed on both flanks. It will help when Patterson has a regular partner on the same wavelength to work with.

I’m more concerned about the left flank because Mykolenko doesn’t look like a WB.

The truth of the matter is this: Seamus is far more direct at getting at the opposition defence even at this stage of his career.

This lad is floating about not doing much wrong but not doing much right.

I dont believe we can afford to hand out game experience in the position we're in.
Perhaps that's because the players have an established relationship with Coleman and how he plays. Know what he can do and when he looks for exchanges. That needs to develop with Patterson, but equally he also needs to be more demanding and assertive himself. I'm sure Coleman, Cole and other coaches are supporting him. Coleman will come in if it's felt right to take him out for a few games.

Brentford away, free scoring could be a game they do it. They'll be v aggressive and you'll need to be fully tuned in. I'm sure they're thinking about this, but at the same time Coleman has faded as a player. It's not really a good place to be in, ideally Patterson was more developed and 'ready' particularly for the fee we paid.

Heres hoping he turns out to be a decent player for us.

Perhaps that's because the players have an established relationship with Coleman and how he plays. Know what he can do and when he looks for exchanges. That needs to develop with Patterson, but equally he also needs to be more demanding and assertive himself. I'm sure Coleman, Cole and other coaches are supporting him. Coleman will come in if it's felt right to take him out for a few games.

Brentford away, free scoring could be a game they do it. They'll be v aggressive and you'll need to be fully tuned in. I'm sure they're thinking about this, but at the same time Coleman has faded as a player. It's not really a good place to be in, ideally Patterson was more developed and 'ready' particularly for the fee we paid.

Heres hoping he turns out to be a decent player for us.
Which is why I was calling for a RFB to be bought this summer.

Not for me mate, i think the lad will get games here, i wouldn't sigh if i see him on the team sheet. Coleman was goosed at phases last season it was only heart that kept him going, he needs support and we dont have the squad to send young Nathan out - hed be a terrific loan signing for someone mind. Dont think PL experience and training at that level with us will do him any harm. Hes well thought off - you can see because Frank has taken the luxury of minding Coleman a bit - thats really why we cant send him out, not sure i would anyhow.
You and a few others are being way OTT about this lad. He has very little impact on ours games so far. I concede a striker target man might help him as well as others out, but I dont like that he turns away from taking a defender on, and his defending is naive in the extreme.

He was the ideal candidate to loan out if we were in the position to do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back