2023/24 Nathan Patterson

Why "Patterson fanboys" ?

If he was as bad as the other 3 then id be slating him as well.

Hes at worst, the best of a bad bunch. Unless Coleman has his infrequent good game.

He's the fourth choice right back having been given ample opportunity this season, by our current manager, to make the position his own. He can't compete with a couple of players who are beyond the twilight years of their career and a sub-standard centre half. He's simply not good enough and that's why he can't get in the team.

I want Luis Figo.

Your mrs sees YOU as Figo. The NEW 'Mr Testicles'.

If thats not a badge to wear, i dont know what is?

Nothing you say in this thread has any standing any more.

And the only ones who may like it (as I see you have been all liking each others posts) are fb92 who has been banned for wumming several times, and Sjb, who also got told off for admitting to wumming. Good company.

Leave him alone please. Im just beginning my hatred of Celtic.

Just read Seamus lost possession 16 times yesterday.

This was against the Lancashire Barca.

Hes finished at this level. Has been for a while...however, if we had him as backup and he only played a few games a season perhaps its worthwhile having him in the squad?

Id let him go...just trying to see the inevitable...and find a positive.

He's the fourth choice right back having been given ample opportunity this season, by our current manager, to make the position his own. He can't compete with a couple of players who are beyond the twilight years of their career and a sub-standard centre half. He's simply not good enough and that's why he can't get in the team.

Its fine not to like him (footballing wise)...i also take on board that you see him in the warm ups acting like a clown.

But im sorry, no one is telling me the other options havent been FAR FAR FAR worse than what ive seen from him on the pitch.

Show the stats then? Perhaps lets start with defensive errors, cards and other stats which show the liabilities at right back?

Ive always liked Rangers (but never disliked Celtic) because of the players going back/forth. Had a couple of massive Celtic fans as mates as well but never taken to them the same.

Have to say, reading the posts off a few pro Coleman, anti ex Rangers players...

...im actually turning against Celtic now.

Id like them to be destroyed just to upset the numpties he have here.

Absolute rubbish comment imo.

You want a solid defensive left back...thats Mykolenko.

Branthwaite & Tarkowski benefit from Mykolenko and id say it gives Branthwaite having those two next to him, a big foundation.

So much so that an attacking right back should also benefit....though id also like Wan Bissaka as our right back simply because it would make our defence even more solid.
Well if you’re happy with players like Patterson and Mykolenko in the squad enjoy relegation scraps every season because it’s these kind of players that’s had us in this position the last 3 years. It’s Tarkowski and Branthwaite that make us tick defensively put Keane and Godfrey in there soon see an absolute shambles can put young, Coleman, Patterson, myko at full back they can be carried by Tarkowski and Branthwaite and have been all season

Its fine not to like him (footballing wise)...i also take on board that you see him in the warm ups acting like a clown.

But im sorry, no one is telling me the other options havent been FAR FAR FAR worse than what ive seen from him on the pitch.

It's fine to rate him, everyone's entitled to their opinion on any of our players. The things I dislike about his game are his positional sense and his reading of the game - in the countless games he's been started this season I saw him regularly getting caught either flat footed or worse still heading in the opposite direction to play. I saw teams targeting our right hand side and enjoying success doing so. His attacking play is better than the three players ahead of him in the pecking order but imo his defensive play is massively inferior and a right back is first and foremost a defender - especially in a Sean Dyche team.

Well if you’re happy with players like Patterson and Mykolenko in the squad enjoy relegation scraps every season because it’s these kind of players that’s had us in this position the last 3 years. It’s Tarkowski and Branthwaite that make us tick defensively put Keane and Godfrey in there soon see an absolute shambles can put young, Coleman, Patterson, myko at full back they can be carried by Tarkowski and Branthwaite and have been all season

Has it been 3 years since Myko and Patterson joined?

It's fine to rate him, everyone's entitled to their opinion on any of our players. The things I dislike about his game are his positional sense and his reading of the game - in the countless games he's been started this season I saw him regularly getting caught either flat footed or worse still heading in the opposite direction to play. I saw teams targeting our right hand side and enjoying success doing so. His attacking play is better than the three players ahead of him in the pecking order but imo his defensive play is massively inferior and a right back is first and foremost a defender - especially in a Sean Dyche team.

Those negatives come with experience...generally

Totally unacceptable comment and duly reported.

Please stop with the pathetic personal attacks. Given your posting in the CA forum there's ample scope to label you but I never would. Stick to football thanks.

Wow i actually stuck up for you not long ago :eek:

Its not my fault youre so one sided and blind to stats.

But never forget the support ive given you.

That hurts my feelings and kills poodles.

No one wants the latter...

Hopefully it all clicks into place for him sometime and he goes on to have a good career in the game.

I think we can both agree on two things:

A: The right back role is more suited to a natural right sided centre back who can also play RB. Under Dyche.

B: Flying attacking right backs are not suited to Dyche's system -- which defensively is proving to be clever by the stats.

Id have Wan Bissaka in there if it suited Dyche's style.

I think Patterson under Martinez would have been ace.