2023/24 Nathan Patterson

I thought he played well at the weekend. Got forward well and contributed to a lot of the good football. Defensively not perfect but he wouldn’t be at Everton if he was. Still got a bit of a way to go but could be a good player for us.

It’s mad that he’s either the best thing ever or absolutely garbage according to this site.

….funny how some posters think going on loan is a La La Land where players play regularly and come back much improved when the reality is often much different.

if Patterson goes on loan it’s because Dyche doesn’t want to use him. It’ll mean Dyche has effective options in his squad and most likely mean Patterson has no way back.

Patterson is never going to have a better opportunity than he has now of cementing his place in the side with two ageing RBs for competition. This is his chance, he needs to grasp it.
You have to be chosen after having a good game though - not dropped for a 38-year-old has been who has cost us at least 9 points so far this season .....

Some of his positioning and his passing/losing the ball concerned me on Saturday. Luckily Burnley couldn’t capitalise on his shortcomings. I can see why Sean Dyche doesn’t fully trust him to play regularly. I cannot see why we have allowed to get ourselves into the position where our choice is between a raw recruit and two aging warhorses. This situation needs to be sorted this summer.

Some of his positioning and his passing/losing the ball concerned me on Saturday. Luckily Burnley couldn’t capitalise on his shortcomings. I can see why Sean Dyche doesn’t fully trust him to play regularly. I cannot see why we have allowed to get ourselves into the position where our choice is between a raw recruit and two aging warhorses. This situation needs to be sorted this summer.
Specsavers are you a @davek Multi lol

Specsavers are you a @davek Multi lol
I thought the Cruyff turn wasn’t great, the missed sliding tackle where he went in fully committed, he lost his winger because he was caught ball watching were the things that concerned me. I do think he will improve but he needs to get right up to speed defensively and keep up the improvement going forward. I’m not adverse to him, he is an Everton player so I want the best for him, I just see flaws in him at the moment.

I thought the Cruyff turn wasn’t great, the missed sliding tackle where he went in fully committed, he lost his winger because he was caught ball watching were the things that concerned me. I do think he will improve but he needs to get right up to speed defensively and keep up the improvement going forward. I’m not adverse to him, he is an Everton player so I want the best for him, I just see flaws in him at the moment.
FFS, he should master the art of staying awake before trying a Cruyff turn.

FFS, he should master the art of staying awake before trying a Cruyff turn.
Caption - "My mate @davek says you are crap & need keeping awake, even if they label you as the next Cruyff* :D

1702984740039.png

Funny I lived in La la land for a bit mate, wasn’t a fan and moved to San Fran.

I think there is a lot of assumption and speculation in your post.

I think every decision has to be purposeful and for a lad of his talent/age/expierence it has to be used as a developmental pathway, with the clear objective to be back here next Aug with more miles on the clock in a better positition to be starting right back for the next decade.

I don’t agree that means Dyche doesn’t want him, I think that’s just a binary assumption and speculation - we have seen with Dobbin, Simms and Branthwaite under this director football that loans can be used developmentally to add expierence and return and recontribute to the first team. So I think your point is a bit of a flat tyre

You could be right that he has an opportunity now, I’d be happy if he took it - I’d be surprised if he does though - because expierence is letting him down. If he gets the nod on Tues he gives the manager a decision to make - I hope he does. But if not and he’s not getting mins at the end of Jan, it’s just illogical to keep him in my opinion, your denying him the thing he needs most to grow and be our starting right ful come Aug.

I don’t know what people are so afraid off really.

Exactly this. He's too much of an expensive asset to leave as second choice post Jan. Personally I don't see any amazing talent in the lad as a defender though I appreciate that's a matter of opinion others hold differently. Clearly he has something about him going forward but the question is that balance enough for a top player.

If he's not first choice in Jan then he needs to go on loan. Then he either comes back as a starter or he's flogged for a few million.

This thread is as bonkers and hilarious as always with Celtic fans hating an Everton player only because he used to play for Rangers.

Just because he stopped their 10 in a row they sang about for 6 years by winning the league before joining Everton.

Also the amount of made up stuff in here is comical.

He isn’t on 70k I know as a fact.

Ah - are you the uncle then?

My opinion on the lad has nothing to do with his Rangers background. Like it was the other way when I loved the likes of Davey Weir and Richard Gough.

Exactly this. He's too much of an expensive asset to leave as second choice post Jan. Personally I don't see any amazing talent in the lad as a defender though I appreciate that's a matter of opinion others hold differently. Clearly he has something about him going forward but the question is that balance enough for a top player.

If he's not first choice in Jan then he needs to go on loan. Then he either comes back as a starter or he's flogged for a few million.

Ah - are you the uncle then?

My opinion on the lad has nothing to do with his Rangers background. Like it was the other way when I loved the likes of Davey Weir and Richard Gough.
Can’t believe we pay him £150k a week. Madness isn’t it