2023/24 Nathan Patterson

…..I’d love it if Patterson was outstanding in that respect but he’s just not. One terrific cross for the Danjuma goal but he generally doesn’t offer much. Our key issues are not defensive.
But he does offer more of an attacking threat than any other rbs we have. You can’t deny that.

We've scored 7 league goals - the lowest in the league (Luton 20, Forest 17) since we last won a game 101 days ago.

Was all for pragmatism/fine margins to keep us in the league, but those fine margins dont happen when you can't score a bloody goal.

We get nothing down the left - Mykolenko has never registered a PL assist and I doubt he ever will.

Looking at the run of home games we have - we now have to sacrifice some defensive stability to give us something extra going forward to score goals.

Play Patterson.

We've scored 7 league goals - the lowest in the league (Luton 20, Forest 17) since we last won a game 101 days ago.

Was all for pragmatism/fine margins to keep us in the league, but those fine margins dont happen when you can't score a bloody goal.

We get nothing down the left - Mykolenko has never registered a PL assist and I doubt he ever will.

Looking at the run of home games we have - we now have to sacrifice some defensive stability to give us something extra going forward to score goals.

Play Patterson.
I keep hearing about the defensive solidity and how Dyche has us defending well.

Kept 2 clean sheets in last 11 games.
In the other 9 games, we have conceded 19.

He is currently only starting for Scotland as Arron Hickey is injured.

When this season ends he will have been here for 2 1/2 years and at the moment he is probably 4th choice. He should have been loaned out to a championship team last summer.
Do you think he would be better if he got a decent run of games, has he played more than six consecutive games if that, or have you just give up on him?

Play Patterson.
Totally agree, get the lad on the pitch.

I keep hearing about the defensive solidity and how Dyche has us defending well.

Kept 2 clean sheets in last 11 games.
In the other 9 games, we have conceded 19.
Looking over the whole season it is pretty good.

19 in 11 is mid-table in this time, 9 worse teams on a level with Spurs/Chelsea.

Still more worried about the by far lowest scored in the league and lowest points.

1711473705970.png

We have him long term and should develop him. He looks decent. He should play.
We would have two good mentors in the squad, Coleman and Young with a lot of experience to teach them and improve.

Young was a good player back in the day offensively, not good enough to help on pitch anymore, but surely he could still help to improve Mykolenko in his attacking game. Coleman to do so in the defensive game, Patterson needs to improve there.