2023/24 Nathan Patterson

In what 3 years?

Correct. It's a shame.

Just to recap.

A full international, just potentially coming into his prime at 22, who will be going to the euros and playing this summer if fit, isn’t good enough for little old Everton, even though he’s hardly played any minutes, even when fit for us….

Ammiright?

To clarify

- he's at best a back up right back for a poor Scottish team
- he's not yet showing any prime talent
- he's judged on performance alone - it's up to him

Punctuation. You are incorrect.

What's wrong with saying they hope someone leaves for their career? Same could be said for Branthwaite, for Pickford. Why is it a player > team scenario when you don't want him in the team anyway?
Well I don't know them as people I don't really care about them as individuals they might be horrible rats for all I know I just support them because they play for Everton and I want Everton to do well I don't have an issue with players leaving for their career but i'd never WANT somebody to and I've never known that be a thing before in all my time following Everton and football. I've said loads of time I don't actively not want him in the team I'm just not as sure as some people are that he should be in the team theres a big difference. From what I've seen of him I don't rate him that much but I also don't rate the other options in his position so i'm quite happy for him to play I just don't think its unbelievable that he isn't.

Like most of our players, certainly the younger players, they probably shouldn’t have moved to a basket case of a club.
The timing of the move wasn't helpful. However, the real problem was whoever identified Patterson as a FB who could help out a club that was leaking goals.

He was completely the wrong profile: an inexperienced attack-minded right sided player (I won't ascribe the term 'defender' to him).

We needed the reincarnation off Tony Hibbert but got the reincarnation of Tony Thomas.

When did we start supporting individual players more than the team? And why was our first choice to do it with an absolute nobody?

I think it's just snowballed tbh. There's a completely disproportionate volume of posts for the player it's about but there's a group of posters who feel very strongly that he should a) be in the team b) be highly rated as a player of great potential by everyone who posts here. They're seemingly itching to jump on the thread en masse to make their case at all hours of day and night too.

If you scroll back to the beginning of the thread you'll see the posters who don't rate him come and go but those defending him are the same people and they're the ones who turn this thread into the circus that it is. Personally I rarely post on this thread anymore mainly because the player is regressing and you can't add a lot more than has already been said, but also because some poor soul has to come in and moderate the tantrums the Patterson fanboys have every time someone tries to debate his value to our club and it's not fair to put that burden on admin who give up their spare time. Particularly when, from looking at the unbelievable number of posts some make on this thread, many of those defending him seem to have a hell of a lot of spare time on their hands. They accuse everyone of having an agenda when the sheer number of posts they make on the thread unwittingly demonstrates that they have an obsession with the lad.

I think when he signed many hoped he'd be the next Tierney/Robertson and rather than admit that he just hasn't produced they'll abuse anyone who doesn't rate the lad.

I think it's just snowballed tbh. There's a completely disproportionate volume of posts for the player it's about but there's a group of posters who feel very strongly that he should a) be in the team b) be highly rated as a player of great potential by everyone who posts here. They're seemingly itching to jump on the thread en masse to make their case at all hours of day and night too.

If you scroll back to the beginning of the thread you'll see the posters who don't rate him come and go but those defending him are the same people and they're the ones who turn this thread into the circus that it is. Personally I rarely post on this thread anymore mainly because the player is regressing and you can't add a lot more than has already been said, but also because some poor soul has to come in and moderate the tantrums the Patterson fanboys have every time someone tries to debate his value to our club and it's not fair to put that burden on admin who give up their spare time. Particularly when, from looking at the unbelievable number of posts some make on this thread, many of those defending him seem to have a hell of a lot of spare time on their hands. They accuse everyone of having an agenda when the sheer number of posts they make on the thread unwittingly demonstrates that they have an obsession with the lad.

I think when he signed many hoped he'd be the next Tierney/Robertson and rather than admit that he just hasn't produced they'll abuse anyone who doesn't rate the lad.
Haha, nope it’s because you admitted to wumming and got told off

The timing of the move wasn't helpful. However, the real problem was whoever identified Patterson as a FB who could help out a club that was leaking goals.

He was completely the wrong profile: an inexperienced attack-minded right sided player (I won't ascribe the term 'defender' to him).

We needed the reincarnation off Tony Hibbert but got the reincarnation of Tony Thomas.
Loads kick off on here about having a defensive minded left back that doesn’t offer much in attack in Myko. Can’t really win.

Loads kick off on here about having a defensive minded left back that doesn’t offer much in attack in Myko. Can’t really win.
If we had two Mykolenkos we'd be reasonably well served from FB.

The trouble has been that for a decade and a half we got used to FBs that could get forward. We got caught out on Patterson because of that - and the fact that *every* PL club a season or so back seemed to believe they had to have their flying Scottish FB...after the success of Robertson especially.

If we had two Mykolenkos we'd be reasonably well served from FB.

The trouble has been that for a decade and a half we got used to FBs that could get forward. We got caught out on Patterson because of that - and the fact that *every* PL club a season or so back seemed to believe they had to have their flying Scottish FB...after the success of Robertson especially.
I agree. I really like Myko, think he is better than many give him credit for. Hibberts one of my favourite all time players. But we were spoilt by peak baines and Coleman and think some expectations are still too high, considering we are a relegation battling team year on year now.