2023/24 Nathan Patterson

Only Wolves scored less than us last season.

Only Sheff Utd have scored less than us this season.

19th and 19th for goals scored then.

Being so poor at scoring goals dictates relegation scrap.

A big part of being unable to score goals is we have full backs who offer absolutely sod all going forward. Not one full back capable of any delivery. Worse, they haven't got the ability to mix it with wingers either to create space.

Mykolenko - 73 Premier League Appearances. 0 assists. I'll crack open the posh champagne if he ever creates a goal - as in, beat a man and put a delivery in which we score from. The lad can't beat a man, or cross a ball with any quality. Dyche has progressed his game by simplifying it and telling him to stay back - he's been better than I expected, but I reckon you'd struggle to name another 3 teams in the league he'd start for.

I'd be starting Patterson at right back now at home. Still play deep, but we've got to start offering a threat against the teams who have to come to Goodison or some pace down the flanks. If not Patterson, I'd even be tempted to lash Garner there - at least then we'd have one full back who can cross a ball for Calvert-Lewin/Doucoure.
We have exceeded 50 goals once in the last 7 seasons, it's a long time problem... And yeah, he would play if I was manager.

I'm not on 'X' but I'd defo be picking Patterson

It's pretty mixed

Screenshot_20240418_171050_X.jpg

I would have thought Patterson might have been given game time on the right wing.
He would be good enough a defender to give cover to Coleman or Godfrey behind him and would offer something going forward.

It isn't as if the team is going so well that it is hard to break into it or that Young and Harrison have been our better players in recent months.

I completely agree about Garner, something I advocated a while back.

But Patterson isn't the answer in terms of getting those crosses in we need.

PL stats shows that he's played 39 times and crossed 71 times with a cross accuracy of 15%; so basically way less than two crosses per game. That's worse than Mykolenko who's played 73 times and crossed 153 times with a 23% accuracy rate.
This season he has made 20 PL apps and he makes 2.87 crosses per 90 mins.

Myko makes 2.12 per 90 this season.
Coleman 1.76 per 90.

Youngs is skewed has he has been playing RM a fair bit as well.

Don’t know the accuracy stats for them other than only one of them has any assists. I’ll let you guess who.

This season he has made 20 PL apps and he makes 2.87 crosses per 90 mins.

Myko makes 2.12 per 90 this season.
Coleman 1.76 per 90.

Youngs is skewed has he has been playing RM a fair bit as well.

Don’t know the accuracy stats for them other than only one of them has any assists. I’ll let you guess who.
Where is that from?