2023/24 Nathan Patterson

With Dyche playing his full backs more like 'wide centre backs' i think we should be signing players who can play both positions (if we keep Dyche).

Mykolenko had played both LCB and LB before for example. I also disagree that we need attacking full backs, theres more than one way to play football.

Someone like a Wan-Bissaka would look fantastic in this Everton team.

Dont concede = dont lose.

He's playing how we are out of necessity/pragmatism. We don't have full backs who can attack.

Other than maybe Patterson, but % football, IMO, has dictated Dyche has not been willing to sacrifice stability at the back for full backs who can't cross a ball.

To be fair to Dyche he achieved this season's objective by way of points earned on the pitch.

But next step...

Don't score = don't win = relegation scrap. As per the last 3 seasons.

Our full backs are a bit problem - they also nullify our wingers. McNeil and Harrison would look loads better with full backs who can cross the half way line.

It's looking like Patterson has another sick note now anyway. He's been injured a fair bit it seems.

I have a fair degree of sympathy for the lad, some of the posters on here seem to blame him for his presence at the club and his contract. Everton bought him for the stated fee and gave him his terms and conditions. I have to accept that he is not good enough to play Premier League football, he is not on his own in that one at the club, or he doesn’t suit the style of football of the current manager, either way none of his is his fault. From what I see he is working away, he isn’t complaining to the papers about not getting a chance, this seems like a professional attitude to the position he now finds himself in.
If I was in work and my boss hit me I would be pursuing him through the courts, I definitely wouldn’t let that slide. However this lad seems to have taken an assault on his person and decided to move on.
If he now cannot represent his country in a major tournament I do feel sorry for him. I would feel the same about any player.
I can see him running down his contract and leaving on a free, this is the Everton way, I personally hope he finds a club where he can play at his highest limit and goes on to have a great career.

No one will be buying him in the summer for any kind of decent fee, he’s not played anywhere near enough for us, either through bad luck due to injury or sheer bloody mindedness from the manager.

No one will be buying him in the summer for any kind of decent fee, he’s not played anywhere near enough for us, either through bad luck due to injury or sheer bloody mindedness from the manager.
Or we are currently no place for a player who needs game time to develop. Branthwaite is an example of someone who was ready.

As a real question not an aggressive one what is it you see in him that makes you see it this way? Its clear that you just completely discount the idea that he might not be playing because he's not very good so what is that makes you think like that because obviously don't see it.

As a real question not an aggressive one what is it you see in him that makes you see it this way? Its clear that you just completely discount the idea that he might not be playing because he's not very good so what is that makes you think like that because obviously don't see it.
See my answer to the other post sweetheart, though you might not get it with your lack of comprehension on simple matters.

I’ve never said he’s world class or even brilliant, and we probably will need another rb going forward, especially if Dyche is still around in the summer - I just think he’s a better option than tried and tested failures like Young or players like Coleman, who I love but have been done for a while sadly, and have not got the legs anymore.

I also despise the double standards related to this player, it’s just obscene tbh - it’s Really not that difficult to see the point a few of us are making.

Let’s keep Godfrey young and Coleman fighting it out though, they’ve absolutely ripped it up this season.

We get no luck with this lad. The Euros could have regained some value lost on him and a sale this summer.

Hopefully he gets back fit for them and puts himself in the shop window. Every penny will count for us this summer if we stay up.

Wel be looking around the room for a right full come August mate, we needed to make the lad a live option come Aug, he needed a loan to develop, i could understand keeping him if he was going to play - but hes been sitting on his hands since Jan, now he could be gone until late summer. Was madness not loaning him out.

Ultimately what it means is now we have to use limited resources on a possibly starting right full, certainly one who can play games.

See my answer to the other post sweetheart, though you might not get it with your lack of comprehension on simple matters.

I’ve never said he’s world class or even brilliant, and we probably will need another rb going forward, especially if Dyche is still around in the summer - I just think he’s a better option than tried and tested failures like Young or players like Coleman, who I love but have been done for a while sadly, and have not got the legs anymore.

I also despise the double standards related to this player, it’s just obscene tbh - it’s Really not that difficult to see the point a few of us are making.

Let’s keep Godfrey young and Coleman fighting it out though, they’ve absolutely ripped it up this season.
Lad I tried to make it really clear that I was trying to get a genuine insight but you've decided to just chuck a few insults out and then gone off on a mad tangent unrelated to the question and questioned MY comprehension. I keep hearing people talking about double standards but I don't care because thats nothing to do with me if there are some bigots in here like people have said then i'm sorry to hear that but i'm not one of them i'm just a fan who isn't that convinced he's that good and has replied on this thread a few times because it keeps being at the top of the page! I have never said that hes awful or should be sold or is a rotten apple or anything like that or that Coleman or Young or Godfrey are great so if thats the only point you're able to make you might as well not bother because it is totally irrelevant to me.

Wel be looking around the room for a right full come August mate, we needed to make the lad a live option come Aug, he needed a loan to develop, i could understand keeping him if he was going to play - but hes been sitting on his hands since Jan, now he could be gone until late summer. Was madness not loaning him out.

Ultimately what it means is now we have to use limited resources on a possibly starting right full, certainly one who can play games.
Spot on mate.

I was against a loan as I thought, looking at what our limited options were, he would have got more minutes, and let’s be honest, he should have.