Confirmed Signing Neal Maupay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy with this if true. He is a 1 in 3 slotter with a better career record than Calvert-Lewin and is 1 year older. He has also bagged 25 goals in a season before now.

In fact genuine question. What in people's eyes makes Calvert Lewin better than him?

A 1 in 4 striker actually. 10 goals if plays every match, probably. Not great, not terrible,

Diaz is not a target man, he's more a second striker of off the left, yes he's big but he's also pretty rubbish in the air or with his back to goal.

Was one of Adams, Maupay or Diaz imo and we went for the best of them.

He’s a very solid signing mate, in fact all of our signings are, I can’t see us loaning any of them out in 6 months or a year as we have seen with Alli & Gbamin.

We’re going to be an absolute face ache to play against, if we keep Gordon. DCL, Gordon, Maupay, that’s a tough day at the office.

Maupay and DCL is a very interesting combo, very different but complitimrntory attributes, both could be n excellent foil for the other. Maupays best goalscoring seasons came playing with another.

We’l love Maupay here he leaves it all on the pitch, battle his heart out and play at a really high tempo from the front.

Don't rate him mate?
No. Having said that I didn’t realise his goal scoring record was quite as good as it appears. He is an absolute snide (which may be a positive at times) but he isn’t a grafter and he needs service.
Between him and Adams he is very much second best. I accept that he is better than Rondon but he is no target man.
I hope he works out for you, even though he is a snidey ex vermin.

Not a huge fan personally, but he's a decent all-rounder and should score at least a few goals, which is more than most of our forwards. With the position we're in, at this stage of the window, I can understand it.

Status
Not open for further replies.