Confirmed Signing Neal Maupay

Status
Not open for further replies.
The fact that people try to rationalize these horrible signings still blows my mind.
Only time will tell if it's a 'horrible signing'.
What blows my mind is people saying "he's total utter garbage" and then following it up with "I'd be delighted to be proved wrong"

I'm including add ons. McNeil was widely reported circa £20 million all in. Maypay is TBC but likely to be around £15-20 million including add ons. So ok it could be £5 million less...great.
Where are you getting your ITK figures from mate ?.

Some idiotic negative posts on here ( in my opinion).
He is better (by far) than anything else that we have , is relatively flexible re position , and is reasonably fast. Coming to the end of the window , it is 14 million well spent.
We religiously play with a target man. It is literally the core identity of how this team plays! Can you explain how he fits into this? If we played with the ball on the floor i reckon he would be a great signing. But we don't and it is just more misfitting players to add to the pile whilst we all wonder why the team looks disjointed.

Only time will tell if it's a 'horrible signing'.
What blows my mind is people saying "he's total utter garbage" and then following it up with "I'd be delighted to be proved wrong"
Except we are never proven wrong

Some idiotic negative posts on here ( in my opinion).
He is better (by far) than anything else that we have , is relatively flexible re position , and is reasonably fast. Coming to the end of the window , it is 14 million well spent.
We could do much, much worse. And have recently

We could do much, much worse. And have recently
Every time Everton makes a signing line this the “good fans” come in and tell the critics they are idiots and bedwetters.

Unfortunately they never admit we were right EVERY TIME the signing turns out to be as terrible as everyone thought

Last edited:

Looks like he has 9 months left on his contract, maybe this is why?

If he joins he will strike a ball cleaner than anyone we have, granted we have nobody who can strike a ball only Gray.

Not a fan personally. We should be aiming for better. There’s a reason Brighton want rid, he’s just not a very good centre forward. Brightons biggest problem has been scoring goals, and he’s been there main striker for most of that.
It’s a no from me.

We religiously play with a target man. It is literally the core identity of how this team plays! Can you explain how he fits into this? If we played with the ball on the floor i reckon he would be a great signing. But we don't and it is just more misfitting players to add to the pile whilst we all wonder why the team looks disjointed.
Maybe it's time we changed. Or at least had more variety. No side is going to win the modern day PL playing with a Latchford or Ferguson as only goal threat. The 80s side had goals all over the park but an Everton strength that was on and off the pitch. We had it off the pitch end of last season for all the wrong reasons. Players like Maupay lead and fight. Like Cahill, Speed, Reid, Ratcliffe, Lyons. We should give him a chance.

Every time Everton makes a signing line this the “good fans” come in and tell the critics they are idiots and bedwetters.

Unfortunately they never admit we were right EVERY TIME the signing turns out to be as terrible as everyone I thought
1661468409863.png

Status
Not open for further replies.