2022/23 Neal Maupay

Status
Not open for further replies.

By the time Gray came on the game was done and the team was in full collapse mode. There were a few situations in the first half where we had a good counter attack on but only had McNeil and Maupay available. Get Gray into those positions and he is more effective.
Yeah. On the counter he takes 20 touches and then falls over his own feet.

He just isn’t coordinated. He has the right mentality but doesn’t have the size, strength or athletic ability make use of even that. To me he is the definition of a nothing player.
For me he lacks movement and could be confidence related. Unlikely though...he was good at brentford, so I am really wondering what happened to him. At Brighton, he had a couple of good spell that lasted a few games but again not sure what happened that he couldn't get consistency in his game. He is young, but I remembered a stronger and quicker player when he was playing decent for Brighton.

For me he lacks movement and could be confidence related. Unlikely though...he was good at brentford, so I am really wondering what happened to him. At Brighton, he had a couple of good spell that lasted a few games but again not sure what happened that he couldn't get consistency in his game. He is young, but I remembered a stronger and quicker player when he was playing decent for Brighton.

He’s 26, he should be in his prime. He’s not a developing player, this is the player he is and always will be.

Dyche seems to think he’ll score goals purely because he hasn’t scored for ages - like the law of averages. He’ll continue to be in the side I’m afraid.
That's why he's Sean Lampard for me. He's actually worse in terms of siding with the board and his constant "they were soooo good at making phone calls on deadline day though!". No excuses for Maupay alone up front ever again.

Dyche seems to think he’ll score goals purely because he hasn’t scored for ages - like the law of averages. He’ll continue to be in the side I’m afraid.
Think I've read elsewhere he has never been prolific however, has small run of goals, but yeh time to get that luck running.

That's why he's Sean Lampard for me. He's actually worse in terms of siding with the board and his constant "they were soooo good at making phone calls on deadline day though!". No excuses for Maupay alone up front ever again.
Has Sean got the "feel" of the club yet?😉

Status
Not open for further replies.