2023/24 Neal Maupay

He scored gols for both Brighton & Brentford who set up the team to suit him.

That fool Lampard signed him, played him in the worst possible set up which completely destroyed all his confidence and form (turning the frustrated fans on the player in the process).

So why didn’t Dyche set up the team to suit him when he had him for 6 months? He scored more goals under Lampard than he did under Dyche.

When a new manager comes in, it should be like a corporate takeover, and he’s given the option to TUPE staff across into new positions. For example, Maupay could have been moved out of the playing squad and onto the toilet cleaning team. Cuts down on player wages and the cleaning staff get someone to laugh at. Seems unfair he’s trapped on the playing staff when he’s crap at it.

He scored gols for both Brighton & Brentford who set up the team to suit him.

That fool Lampard signed him, played him in the worst possible set up which completely destroyed all his confidence and form (turning the frustrated fans on the player in the process).
Or, the most likely scenario, his form was bad because he actually is a bad player and we were very foolish to be mugged off for £15m

Or, the most likely scenario, his form was bad because he actually is a bad player and we were very foolish to be mugged off for £15m

I agree that Lampard was stupid in signing him, but I disagree that he is a very bad player. His goal tally in the Premiere League for Brighton & Brentford is not a million miles away from a player like Richarlison who our fans idolise. He just doesn't suit the lone target man role Lampard forced him into.

If he goes to another PL side, I would imagine his goal return will not be much different than DCL's for us.

I guess he'll go out on loan on deadline day.

If not, then I am not of the view that he can just be written off to rot.

It seems nobody is going to want to pay a transfer fee for him but if he stays then manager and player have to talk and see what contribution he can make. We are not so overburdened with options that he isn't good enough to play a role from the bench.

He would need to improve his attitude and turn the snidey and sulky into energy on the pitch.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.