2024/25 Neal Maupay

I hope we can do better than this.
We have a load of rubbish players, who are not increasing the quality of play, training, fitness, energy ... they dont bring anything to the pitch or off the pitch either. and maupay is one of them. But why do we blame players for their transfer fees, wages and their existence. They're still blues, and at the very least we should just support them while they are ours. It doesn't help, especially when players ready everything on social media, and are most likely affected by the hatred, that we do that. It's not their fault they are bad players, got signed, and that we are expecting every new signing to be the next Stones, Lukaku, Pickford, Cahill....

We want to be the Best Fans in the World (TM)

I mean hats off to him it’s a cracking way to sign off his Everton career
It made me laugh

I don't get the hate. If we had players remotely ok enough to not play long ball to the striker, and a manager who could change the tactics when a giant striker is replaced by a small one, he'd have at least had a chance. And if all this banter was turned onto others he'd be an Everton hero.

I guarantee that other players see it like a prison too

Kevin Thelwell signs all players as director of football

The good and the bad

I dont think this is true. Remember Moshiri's gift for Benitez?

If he had been a success who would we have praised for bringing him in?

Kenwright i suppose?

Thelwell would have had to sign it off so they’re at least both deserving of blame.

I dont think so :p

This was a Kenwright and Moshiri signing... Thelwell wanted Guirassy but Kenwright wanted this clown because he had Premier experience.

Was it just those two or Lampard as well?

Remember it definitely mentioned that it wasnt Thelwell.

It made me laugh

I don't get the hate. If we had players remotely ok enough to not play long ball to the striker, and a manager who could change the tactics when a giant striker is replaced by a small one, he'd have at least had a chance. And if all this banter was turned onto others he'd be an Everton hero.

I guarantee that other players see it like a prison too
I mean agree on the ‘banter ‘ point but it wasn’t , it’s hardly revelatory in life though that people find it less amusing to be the butt of your joke rather than in on it .

As for prison the wage there is what about a fiver a week , it feels hardly comparable to what’s maupay was earning . I didn’t hate the fella , I thought he brought some stuff onto himself and his drama queen response to a bloke shouting at him certainly irritated me .

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back