Negredo

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was linked with Hull back in 2009, when he played for a Liga Adelante (2nd division) team. That's why he was linked to a team like Hull.

Since 2009 he's gone to Seville and been an absolute beast.

We don't. Other way around.

We don't score enough goals. That's the biggest thing holding us back. While other teams around and above us have two or three proven strikers, we have one.

Spurs - Adebayor, Defoe (Dempsey as backup)
Arsenal - Giroud, Podolski, Walcott (Gervinho backup)
Everton - Jelavic, Anichebe

Gibson, Fellaini and Osman, and Hitz sharing two positions is okay really. I see no reason why we couldn't play 4-4-2 or for arguments sake '4-4-1-1' with Negredo playing a little deeper.

Disagree. If Gibson can stay healthy at all, this signing would allow us to drop Felli back to midfield. Three central mids for two spots between Felli, Gibbo, and Osman. Also three forwards for two spots between Negredo, Jela, and Chebe. Makes perfect sense to me. Do it Everton.

Gibson CAN'T stay fit, It's been proven throughout all of his career, He will play a few games then get injured again, We need a central midfielder we will NOT get europe with phil neville in midfield.

Greg O'Keeffe â€￾@GregOK

As has been reported elsewhere already on my drive home from GP, #EFC are in talks to sign Alvaro Negredo.

Greg O'Keeffe â€￾@GregOK

The Spain international is now Moyes' number one target and Blues hoping to get him for £9m. #EFC #Negredo

Greg O'Keeffe â€￾@GregOK

If Blues can't persaude Sevilla to sell for that price (they currently want more like £13m) they'll turn to another La Liga striker #EFC

Oh my...

For those of you wondering why we are going from a center mid to a striker.

Id hazard a guess that moyes is going for the best player possible, rather than getting a lower quality player in the same position..... just a hunch guys.

Wonder if Sevilla will accept £3m now, £2m over 48 months, £2m when he plays 50 games for the club and £2m when he scores the winner at Anfield. I reckon they'll turn their noses up at a heavily clause based deal.

Players who can play CM: Gibson, Fellaini, Osman, Naismith, Neville, Heitinga, Hitzelberger
Strikers: Jelavic (out of form for half a season), Anichebe (has his good games and bad games, wouldnt say he was a massive goalscorer though), Vellios - not trusted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back