Neill to Galatasaray?

• Thread starter Thread starter best little spaniard
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Modern football for you mate. Players let run down their contracts in order to earn big contracts and football clubs at their turn, ******* off players as soon as there's anything to gain from it.

Works both ways, not that I approve of it.

It's a bit different when your only a few months into your career at a new club.

I can't understand why people are getting bent out of shape over this one. It's a gamble to sign the lad, and now we are getting a decent profit for only 3 months service. At the end of the day it's a business, nothing more and nothing less.

Or with six months left on your contract, depends how you look at it really.

I presume he could have signed a pre contract agreement with Galatasary and gone for free in June. Taking the money now is sensible business.

Last edited:

Dear Lord,

I read through this entire thread and you'd think that Lucas Neill was the thread that was keeping Everton in the Premier League.

Get a grip lads.

He played well for us but this was absolutely good business. And while a few folks took issue with a post earlier which listed players that could/would fill in and that were coming back, that post was purely based on fact whether you liked it or not.

Distin's coming back.
Yobo's coming back (and I'd have Yobo over Neill all day long)
Jags is coming back

We have Neville and Hibbert who can do a job there (or have you not been watching Everton this season.)

Neill did fine. He's gone.

Deal with it and recognize it for what it is. A good deal for him and a good deal for Everton, regardless of whether Moyes is bringing someone else in. Moyes isn't selling him unless he has cover.

He wasn't a world beater, but I don't understand the logic of a small squad selling a guy who was playing in the first XI for an amount of money that won't even fund a transfer for another Dan Gosling! He cost twice as bloody much when he was a 17 year old nobody.

Just about got his Wages back,Don,t really think he is a world beater,But what we got out of him was good enough.Just a greedy bastar* really.

Its Lucas Neill we're talking about here not Maradonna!
You just wont understand or simply refuse to acknowledge and side step his passing ability while calling him names to justify your point.
Let's just explain again. No one say he's maradona or maldini. What he offer is feeding our midfield with ball so that we can build up our play from there. You put hibbert in there and he'll bypass our midfield and feed their GK or CB. Tell me which method will benefit our possesion?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back