Neville Southall. TV special on the legend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

It was a poor documentary typical of BBC Wales - to concentrate on his Welsh career unsuccessful team & not his successful club = US
Have to agree. Saw it when it was broadcast and whilst interesting I was distinctly underwhelmed.
Doesn't change my admiration for the guy though.

My initial thoughts

But on reflection it's something we need. Everyone sat in their own echo chamber all the time is getting us nowhere

If he had sat there like a nodding dog then people can attack him for it, for saying he disagrees with 99% of what Farage says was worth it. To be fair and I hate the man with a passion, Farage should be applauded in this case for putting Nev in front of him and not using media tricks or turning into a slanging match to get the final word and politely agree to disagree.

If everyone did this we might not have such a broken system.

Nah mate. He took on the right wing in their own echo chamber and won.

Legend.
Won?

I dont like Farage, but he came across better than Neville did there im afraid.

As @The binman chronicles said,you have to give credit where its due, and Farage had him on to talk about his opinions, which is not something these people normally offer.

The flip side to that is that he probably knew the level he was going to get and felt comfortable in doing so.

Fantastic Goalkeeper Nev. Definitely the best as far as im concerned. But he does not come across well in these things at all.

Won?

I dont like Farage, but he came across better than Neville did there im afraid.

As @The binman chronicles said,you have to give credit where its due, and Farage had him on to talk about his opinions, which is not something these people normally offer.

The flip side to that is that he probably knew the level he was going to get and felt comfortable in doing so.

Fantastic Goalkeeper Nev. Definitely the best as far as im concerned. But he does not come across well in these things at all.
Speaking as someone who is massively left wing, I disagree entirely. Neville came across better imo.

We have different political opinions if you’re siding with Nigel Farage. I will never give that rat credit for anything.

Speaking as someone who is massively left wing, I disagree entirely. Neville came across better imo.

We have different political opinions if you’re siding with Nigel Farage. I will never give that rat credit for anything.
I am not siding with Farage in his political opinions at all. But if you can't objectively see a discussion for what it is without being partisan, then it weakens your stance. Farage didnt even really go into his own opinions at length there, he simply asked Nev about his, and he didnt come across well in the slightest, which was probably Farages plan in the 1st place. He would not have given the same air time to someone who could eloquently make a sensible argument.

Status
Not open for further replies.