Neville Southall

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was fortunate to be at the game v Coventry where he saved the penalty from Kilkline - I think I heard recently, he said that was his best game for Everton. He was unbeatable that day. Top top form.

There are not that many players that can claim to be the best in the world - he was one of those.

Best Keeper EVER.

having a chat with a mis-placed Manc recently, massive MU fan who knew his stuff and had followed them for years, he mentioned that he had read big Nev's book, brilliant read, big personality and though he loved Schmiecal (or however you spell it) rated Nev above him .. as an aside he also wants Felli in their team

In my lifetime since the late 70s, Nev is possible the only player who you could argue was the best in the world at his peak.

Dixie, Ball and Big Nev. Possibly the only 3 players we've ever had who at the time were the best in the world in their position?

I was chatting to my cousin earlier a Kopite telling him of this discussion, what he thoughf of him and he said he was the best in the game and had an argument a few years ago with United supporters because they didn't think much of him.

He was well respected through out the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.