Neville Southall

Status
Not open for further replies.
Arguably you could include Lineker as well, as a goalscorer there wasn't many better.

just to touch on the subject quickly,,, Links was ace but he never came close to Hugo Sanchez and the like as a finisher.... although some may disagree.

As an aside, I know Tony Roberts quite well through a mutual friend and used to train with him a lot when he was home here. Tony was Nevs understudy in the welsh set up and was QPR number 1 after Seaman and steijskel ?? had gone. Tony's mate .. and my mate Merv ....was an exceptional keeper himself who played for a host of top non league teams throughout his career ( funny story is accrington stanley used to send him letters at the start of every season enquiring about his availability for the next season )... anyway..... both Tony and Merv as youbgsters used to travel between Goodison and Germany I believe to watch both Nev and Schumacher who they both regarded as the best two keepers ever........... Tony is now arsenals keeper coach and still insists he has never seen 2 better keepers in his life.

Status
Not open for further replies.