New DOF

Status
Not open for further replies.
I follow an american sports team that really is just the spitting image of Everton. Incredible fan base, historic success, but for decades now has been a sad shell of their past self with an owner saying so many good things, but absolutely unwilling to step aside and just hire someone to run the team. Fans clamor for it. Owner every 3-4 years says he will. Hires someone for "the role" and then undermines them, signs players they dont want from time to time, and no one actually knows whos making decisions. And the team languishes.

A team must have a good DOF who is in charge of ALL aspects of the organization, unless the owner/board is so astute(which is rare) that they can handle that. Relying on a manager for that is insane, because now you see the vacuum left when they leave, even when they were a bad manager. When all of the top teams do things one way, you best stand up and take notice and try and copy that. With a top DOF, everything else will fall into place over time, but it relies on the DOF actually having power and the owner not interfering. Any undermining of their authority destroys the whole structure.
Knicks?

Sounded very much like it was. And to back that up there were no quotes from Benitez on his signing, and then he only used 2 subs whilst trailing to Norwich..
The subs thing means nothing mate, he didn't also use Townsend off the bench, who one million percent is Benetez player

I was thinking Cowboys. If it's the Knicks, then the "historic success" quote is delusional!
Cowboys is a very good guess, but no, its the team owned by Jerry Jones NFL bestie/butEnemy that outdoes him on the incompetence level and running a franchise into the ground. The two basically compete as to who can not hire competent football people and let them do their job.

Cowboys is a very good guess, but no, its the team owned by Jerry Jones NFL bestie/butEnemy that outdoes him on the incompetence level and running a franchise into the ground. The two basically compete as to who can not hire competent football people and let them do their job.

Moshiri reminds me more of Al Davis formerly the owner of the Raiders

My feeling is that Ashworth will end up at Newcastle, not only because he'll get an unlimited budget but also complete autonomy which he wouldn't get here. At least, I don't get the impression their owners intend to interfere on the football side of things.

Is there no chance at all of us getting the departing Liverpool fella? Why's he leaving?

My feeling is that Ashworth will end up at Newcastle, not only because he'll get an unlimited budget but also complete autonomy which he wouldn't get here. At least, I don't get the impression their owners intend to interfere on the football side of things.

Is there no chance at all of us getting the departing Liverpool fella? Why's he leaving?

Wants new opportunities and he knows Kopites are Gobshites.

Haven’t they already tried to get him
Once?

Nothing will work with the current set up. What on earth was the signing of El Ghazi all about? Shows Mosh has learnt nothing.
El Ghazi was a weird one.

He adds depth I suppose, but not an area I thought was priority. CM and CB are the areas the areas that needed work.

The subs thing means nothing mate, he didn't also use Townsend off the bench, who one million percent is Benetez player

Personally I felt that was to make a deliberate point about El Ghazi, but only Benitez knew what the hell he was doing there, as we were desperate for a decent delivery into the box.

Status
Not open for further replies.