New Everton confidence poll

Faith in Moshiri's Everton

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm afraid that wont fly mein freund.

Sissoko is not an elite player and neither are the likes of Witsel. They're just not.

I didn't say elite player, I said players who we believe will improve our squad.

We need to be aiming for players who are capable of playing at a top 4 level if we want to improve rather than just bolster the squad, and the Sissoko fiasco clearly demonstrates that we are not having an easy time when it comes to attracting those types of players.

Heads have to roll.

Kenwright, Elstone, even Walsh.

Who ever has been leading in identifying and negotiation of deals for places need to get gone now!

I didn't say elite player, I said players who we believe will improve our squad.

We need to be aiming for players who are capable of playing at a top 4 level if we want to improve rather than just bolster the squad, and the Sissoko fiasco clearly demonstrates that we are not having an easy time when it comes to attracting those types of players.
But Sissoko isn't a "calibre" of player beyond Newcastle never mind Everton.

We are losing out on tier 2/3 level players.

Something is seriously wrong with recruitment. SERIOUSLY WRONG.

This feels like the song by Bastille

But if you close your eyes
Does it almost feel like nothing changed at all
And if you close your eyes
Does it almost feel like you've been here before
How am I gonna be an optimist about this?

I think this squad with a manager that is not inept, can get to European places. No point buying players for loads if they won't improve us. A couple of additions in January and we are laughing. Sissoko is utter dogger.

On the evidence of this transfer window I have to say my faith and optimism have been misplaced. Think we've been conned to be honest . If was Koeman I'd resign tomorrow . Total amateurism at best.

But Sissoko isn't a "calibre" of player beyond Newcastle never mind Everton.

Well Spurs, who finished third in the league last year, clearly beg to differ.

Sissoko received a proposal from a more attractive club which he accepted, that is not the fault of anyone in Everton's recruitment team or Moshiri.

Last edited:

This feels like the song by Bastille

But if you close your eyes
Does it almost feel like nothing changed at all
And if you close your eyes
Does it almost feel like you've been here before
How am I gonna be an optimist about this?
Or Talking Heads?
Heaven, heaven is a place
A place where nothing
Nothing ever happens!

Actions > Words > Conjecture.

Your typical Evertonian has been moulded into a cynical beast.

Until I see otherwise, I'm remaining on the fence.

For me, Moshiri hasn't done anything of significance yet. Hopefully, he isn't a false dawn and we start to kick on. If we don't make any effort to address our failings to adequately support the manager (based on what Koeman said he needed) then I will wonder more...

Face it guys we are a mid-table club! Until that changes we wont bring in anyonet of any note! I am full of optimism because we have avery good manager, the basis of a very good team and have brought in a couple of players who will help us get into the Europa league! Reasons to be cheerful and all that? All these fanatasists who though we would be crossing swords with the Man City's of this world need to look at our record for the past twenty years? Forget past history because that only matters to Evertonians, it means jack to these young players!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back