New Everton Crest Confirmed

Will the new badge make you buy more of the Everton merchandise?

• Yes, I will buy more merchandise with this cool new badge.

Votes: 18 3.7%
  • No, I won't change how much I buy of the Everton merchandise because of the badge.

Votes: 67 13.6%
  • No, I will buy much less from the Everton store with this godawful load of ****e for a crest.

Votes: 368 74.8%
  • no tears, only cheese toasties now

Votes: 39 7.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Having been away for a few days, I've only just been able to see the new crest design properly, it's truly hideous. It reminds me of the cheap car flags I bought for the semi final last year from a street trader for £1. Every time you think the status of this fine club can slip no further, we score yet another commercial own goal. If the people involved with the design of this have anything to do with selecting a new manager, we're completely f*cked. Needless to say, I will not be purchasing any merchandise with this cheap logo on it.

Yes, nice move throwing the scapegoat out to the fans. It's the people who signed off on his work who should be getting it.

Commercial Director? Scapegoat?

Hmm.

How long has he been with us? He's so under the radar it's unbelievable.

Absolutely.

Brave move by Dave Biggar to actually put his name to something. You would expect he may start attracting attention with regards to all Commercial failings...

The whole upper management is a complete mess. Those leaked emails from the other year shown as much but because the press are so much under the iron fist of the Goodison PR machine nothing got into the public domain really.

Woods and Kenwright are probably the only people who care about Everton in a football sense and a business sense, sadly they're both completely inept on that regard. Tyrell and Elstone are both Liverpool fans as well, Earl support Spurs so not only are they all completely useless at commercial activity but they won't care what happens on the pitch either.

Actually, the club put the disabled supporters association forward to hide behind. That's how pitiful they are. It's basically an arse covering exercise of "look, we just carried out the wishes of shareholders and disabled groups who populate the Fan Forum". Complete cowards they are. Someone should be punted over this, but it wont be the people who rubber stamped it though.

To be fair it was me who cherry picked the disabled groups. The club list of groups who were consulted was much longer. I take your overall point though.

The club released the news on a BH weekend and on the day of the CL Final - either they are completely inept with their PR announcements, or they deliberately chose "a good day to bury bad news" as initial feedback wasn't great on the leaked images.

This isn't a bandwagon job for me - I seriously dislike the new badge. No more merchandise for me while this badge is on it.

So.. I know that it shouldn't matter providing that people do the job in a professional manner but I find this hard to shake off because I find the new badge wrong on several different fronts. The people who were in control of overseeing the badge design:

Dave Biggar - Commercial director - Liverpool fan

http://manchesterstorm.co.uk/interviews/intbiggar.html

Nigel Payne - Creative director - ?

Mark Derbyshire - Graphic Designer - Facebook has him liking "This is Anfield"

Jim Fantozzi - Project manager - Has the Man City crest as his background on Twitter

It just doesn't seem right to me.

Spot on.

IT STINKS

Its just awful! I want who is resposible for this and what drugs they were on when they designed it. Why do the club have to make us a laughing stock, if they what to change the badge fine but don't make it a childish cartoon. I won't buy anything with this monstrosity on.

Having been away for a few days, I've only just been able to see the new crest design properly, it's truly hideous. It reminds me of the cheap car flags I bought for the semi final last year from a street trader for £1. Every time you think the status of this fine club can slip no further, we score yet another commercial own goal. If the people involved with the design of this have anything to do with selecting a new manager, we're completely f*cked. Needless to say, I will not be purchasing any merchandise with this cheap logo on it.

you and many others mate, we ain't going to get much income if no change is made

Aye the only way the fans are possibly going to make an impact is by boycotting the games and that won't happen. Our absolute ****s of a board are ignorant [Poor language removed].

I knew instantly it would. be skint but were all used to players going. Even the manager going was something many of us were resigned to ages ago. But messing with clubs badge & identity, something we all take great pride in was needless. I knew there would be uproar. Before if was even officially announced there 3500 names on the petition.
The heavy irony I was getting at was in regards to DK, that was a complete rebranding of the club, ditching its entire heritage yet there are more than enough who still don't see it that way.
This 'tampering' has been going on for many years now, and the one thing we cling to through all the nonsense from the board is our history and heritage, and as shown on the OS, heritage was not required. All we have, all we got left, not needed. Why?

I'm happy this has galvanized a split support against these impostors running the club, we need to build up momentum though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back