New Everton Crest Confirmed

Will the new badge make you buy more of the Everton merchandise?

• Yes, I will buy more merchandise with this cool new badge.

Votes: 18 3.7%
  • No, I won't change how much I buy of the Everton merchandise because of the badge.

Votes: 67 13.6%
  • No, I will buy much less from the Everton store with this godawful load of ****e for a crest.

Votes: 368 74.8%
  • no tears, only cheese toasties now

Votes: 39 7.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The club never notified me when the crest was changed last time round,they didn't this time round either.
No fuss from me then no fuss from me now.
A petty and trivial matter.

The club never notified me when the crest was changed last time round,they didn't this time round either.

It's not they they've changed it, it's what they've changed it into, and how they've done it.

So much easier to reach out to fans in 2013 than it was in 2000

None of these fan mock ups will be accepted by the club as they must have EVERTON somewhere on the crest for the brand identity.

Got to think of the market outside of the UK where the traditional crest means nothing.

Like it or not, that is the driving force behind the board's decision.

Efc would have done, we're the only decent efc in world football. Fulham have ffc and theyre a far smaller brand than us.

Really, Inter, etc all don't. Then ones they're trying to emulate.

And having it inside the crest makes it look too big.

Well that's it isn't it. You are comparing Everton to teams who play in the Champions League on a regular basis so their crest is far more recognizable. Like it or not, the Everton crest is unknown to many outside the UK. This is the reason for putting the name Everton inside the crest.

Efc would have done, we're the only decent efc in world football. Fulham have ffc and theyre a far smaller brand than us.

Again, EFC would leave many clueless. Like it or not, this crest has not been designed with those who live inside Liverpool in mind.

Again, EFC would leave many clueless. Like it or not, this crest has not been designed with those who live inside Liverpool in mind.

Who gives a stuff, until we start winning things people in asia or wherever wont be buying any everton merchandise whether it has everton written on it or not.

You could replace EFC with EVERTON in most of them and have it look the same, something like those listed with that change should be acceptable.

The expression "vote with your feet" is somewhat appropriate advice in this instance. I, like many others, will be refusing to purchase anything with the new crest on. Which will ultimately have a very noticeable affect on the clubs income and the club will be forced to reconsider the crest.

Do not be so naive to think that anything will be changing over night or even this season. No petitions or pickets will change that. The club have invested an awful lot of money in this badge, in both its design, branding and distribution.

It is emblazoned on thousands of kits that have been manufactured and distributed to the leading Sports retailers, stocked and ready to be sold ahead of the 2013/14 season. Likewise money will have been invested into branding this new crest on to other merchandise including cups, calendars, clothing, the lot - much of which has started to go on sale in Everton 2 on Sunday.

These will not be recalled and amended to appease the growing unrest. I gather this rebranding has been a long time in planning and the financial implications of backtracking at this stage is something the club cannot afford to consider.

Who gives a stuff, until we start winning things people in asia or wherever wont be buying any everton merchandise whether it has everton written on it or not.

Since when has winning stuff been part of modern day football? How many weakened teams has David Moyes picked in the League Cup or even FA Cup?

It's all about qualifying for the Champions League.

Every weakened team Everton play in a competition is selling out the name of our team and tradition more and more.

This badge is just continuing that trend. It's all about the money.

It's not they they've changed it, it's what they've changed it into, and how they've done it.

So much easier to reach out to fans in 2013 than it was in 2000
I've heard no end of posters claiming the club are messing with our identity, or heritage, our history,yet a simple google search will reveal the crest has been changed many times through the years.
Without, I must add consulting the fans.

Maybe to you but not to others - in fact 99% of other Evertonians.

I've heard no end of posters claiming the club are messing with our identity, or heritage, our history,yet a simple google search will reveal the crest has been changed many times through the years.

That is a naive argument considering the digital age of today.

i dont like the crest hence will not spend my hard earned money on somthing that i dont like in fact i hate the way it looks!

nothing to do with being consulted nothing to do with other badges we have had!!

and if by me stating to efc that i dont like it and will not spend my money on it. which took seconds to do by the way is petty and trivial then so be it!

I expect there'll be new money coming into the club now that investors can pick out the word 'Everton' somewhat more clearly.

you will get use to it. (well you best had cos its here to stay for at least 10 years)
this kind of reaction reminds me when facebook changes and people cry and moan they are leaving. they are still there and when another change comes they will moan and cry.

Some badges are crap, get over it.
1337627989334_577040.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back