New Everton Crest Confirmed

Will the new badge make you buy more of the Everton merchandise?

• Yes, I will buy more merchandise with this cool new badge.

Votes: 18 3.7%
  • No, I won't change how much I buy of the Everton merchandise because of the badge.

Votes: 67 13.6%
  • No, I will buy much less from the Everton store with this godawful load of ****e for a crest.

Votes: 368 74.8%
  • no tears, only cheese toasties now

Votes: 39 7.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hated this badge. Then I slept on it and now it has kind of grown on me. What's more annoying is the usual spin the club has come out with about, 'consulting fans'. We all know that's high grade horse ****. At least they'd be telling the truth if they said 'we're changing it for commercial reasons and because the marketing department told us to. So deal with it.'

Every club goes through evolution in badge design and most of the big clubs have recently had badge makeovers. I don't think it's as big a deal as everyone is making it. They could be a bit more honest with the fan base though.

Since when has winning stuff been part of modern day football? How many weakened teams has David Moyes picked in the League Cup or even FA Cup?

It's all about qualifying for the Champions League.

Every weakened team Everton play in a competition is selling out the name of our team and tradition more and more.

This badge is just continuing that trend. It's all about the money.

Sentence makes me sad.

Hated this badge. Then I slept on it and now it has kind of grown on me. What's more annoying is the usual spin the club has come out with about, 'consulting fans'. We all know that's high grade horse ****. At least they'd be telling the truth if they said 'we're changing it for commercial reasons and because the marketing department told us to. So deal with it.'

Every club goes through evolution in badge design and most of the big clubs have recently had badge makeovers. I don't think it's as big a deal as everyone is making it. They could be a bit more honest with the fan base though.

Sorry, couldn't disagree more. Badge redesign is fine, and as you said, it's something that has happened at lots of clubs. However badge redesign doesn't have to mean you sell out important elements of a club's history, and make something that looks like it was knocked together in 15mins using a slightly more basic version of Microsoft Paint.

I hate how people are starting to say it will grow on you...If it's the kind of change that would grow on people, the polls would be something like 40/60 in favour of disliking the badge, not 1/99... its an embarrassment

Well that's it isn't it. You are comparing Evertonn to teams who play in the Champions League on a regular basis so their crest is far more recognizable. Like it or not, the Everton crest is unknown to many outside the UK. This is the reason for putting the name Everton inside the crest.

And from a design point, it looks terrible to have inside. The name has never been inside the crest because, as we've found out, it looks poor. That's the point. Those clubs don't have the name because, yes they're identifiable, but also it doesn't look good with it inside.

Then there's the beehive. From the design point of view, removing the fencing design and "bulking" it out does not make it look like a tower. So it's giving the wrong impression across as to what it is.

And the shape of the crest doesn't suit the style of those other clubs, who have circular, square, triangle shapes it's more suited to.

end of the day its just a ****e badge

a proper ****e badge

given that we as fans are treated like customers these days, with merch in mind, i'd say we're perfectly well entitled to complain about something we're expected to buy and lap up.

I think boycotting the store and the merchandise is completely stupid. No, i'm not a massive fan on the crest, in-fact, I don't think there was any need to change it but acting like pissy little children will do nothing. The stadium has been redecorated, the kits already designed - there is no way they will go back on this.

It reminds of our "classic" kit a few years back, most I know hated it (probably not as much hatred as shown towards the badge) but we still bought it and supported it. It is not as bad as everyone is making it out to be.

Will it really make that much of a difference? Honestly, 75% of fans planing on not buying the kit because of the badge is ****ing stupid. Turning your back on the merchandise because you don't like the logo.

I think boycotting the store and the merchandise is completely stupid. No, i'm not a massive fan on the crest, in-fact, I don't think there was any need to change it but acting like pissy little children will do nothing. The stadium has been redecorated, the kits already designed - there is no way they will go back on this.

It reminds of our "classic" kit a few years back, most I know hated it (probably not as much hatred as shown towards the badge) but we still bought it and supported it. It is not as bad as everyone is making it out to be.

Will it really make that much of a difference? Honestly, 75% of fans planing on not buying the kit because of the badge is ****ing stupid. Turning your back on the merchandise because you don't like the logo.

i think spending your money on something you don't like the look of, so would not like to be seen in it, is fooking stupid fella!

HAHA you spend your money on things you dont like and call others that dont stupid!! OH MY DAYS!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back