New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The idea of not fining players for being late and waiting for them to arrive, is for that to be the punishment, rather than thinking a fine has ‘paid your dues’.
You walk in, to see the whole squad, waiting for you, wasting everyone’s time, letting your team down, failing the collective.
Really doesn’t imply a lack of character or discipline, unless you really want to see it that way. Didn’t do any harm in 3 of the 4 seasons.

Can see him and Richarlisulk coming to blows.
‘ Can see him and Richarlisulk coming to blows’ Nah Richie will go and get his mam onto him!!

I hope all the Nuno fans are correct, I really do. I also hope they don’t just blame the players if by some happenstance we’re 18 months down the line and still camped in our own half playing safety first football and looking to nick games from set pieces.
I'm not a fan,just seen enough football to know that a managerial appointment is only part of the jigsaw

We need to change the club motto then, to ‘it’ll do’ and replace the tower with a guy shrugging.

A club motto means nothing, its just words, a slogan to put on merchandise to sell things.

Aston Villa are not always "prepared", Blackburn Rovers are not the ultimate purveyors of "skill and hard work". Liverpool very much make you walk alone if you chuck a goal in in the champions league final in an amusing manner. It means nothing.

True, but look at what he did with them in the Premier League, ok last season was wrecked with injuries and player sales, and his contract running out, but prior to that they looked good, better then us anyway
The contract running out easily accounted for 15 points. Debilitating really.

Yes but spending a lot of money on Sigurdsson, Klaassen, Keane et al is quite a bit different from signing players from Porto and Athletico Madrid in the championship is it not?
So they should have played fair and kept to second raters? A manager can only work with the squad he has,hence why Carlo jumped ship.

The idea of not fining players for being late and waiting for them to arrive, is for that to be the punishment, rather than thinking a fine has ‘paid your dues’.
You walk in, to see the whole squad, waiting for you, wasting everyone’s time, letting your team down, failing the collective.
Really doesn’t imply a lack of character or discipline, unless you really want to see it that way. Didn’t do any harm in 3 of the 4 seasons.

Can see him and Richarlisulk coming to blows.

Hopefully he comes to blows with Sigurdsson and flushes him down the bog.

Lets face it most don't want Nuno because he looks like a meff.

I totally get that to be honest, get a bit of a beard trim and put on a nice suit and he will be fine.

A club motto means nothing, its just words, a slogan to put on merchandise to sell things.

Aston Villa are not always "prepared", Blackburn Rovers are not the ultimate purveyors of "skill and hard work". Liverpool very much make you walk alone if you chuck a goal in in the champions league final in an amusing manner. It means nothing.
Yeah people referring to our motto like it isn't just a meaningless superficial line. Never get that. Like a team is ever going to have a motto saying 'a lot of factors enter into it, let's just see how things play out .... optimum'.

I think you are thinking too hard there.

A football board (or any board really) has to play a political game. They were not going to come out and say everything was crap if they were invested in the manager.
this came out before the season finished and the season was nothing but disappointing, we threw away loads of chances and in the end we where lucky to finish top half. Other then winning at the RS the season was a failure.

Yeah people referring to our motto like it isn't just a meaningless superficial line. Never get that. Like a team is ever going to have a motto saying 'a lot of factors enter into it, let's just see how things play out .... optimum'.
“Nothing but passing it around the back for 5 minutes is good enough”

Just been on a couple of Wolves forums they would prefer him to get a job abroad.
Mostly positive about his management and some hilarious posts about him coming here.

Brilliant.

It definitely doesn't 'mean more' either.

this came out before the season finished and the season was nothing but disappointing, we threw away loads of chances and in the end we where lucky to finish top half. Other then winning at the RS the season was a failure.
I know that, you know that, the board know that.

But we have the privilege of just saying it as nothing would come from us doing so. The board has got to play smarter than that by not crapping all over the manager (and the players) that they have paid millions to employ and still believe in his vision.

If I was running a company and we had a product that was performing badly I wouldn't be taking to social media or whatever to point out how crap it was doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.