New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
question:- do we actually know if Brighton have been officially asked if we can talk to their manager or is this all speculation????

The two things are just completely different though.

There’s not the 38 game grind over a season. There’s no transfers. High ranked European teams may only play each other in a game that actually matters once in two years. You don’t have to deal with motivation as everyone wants to play for their country, cultural differences in the dressing room, language barriers, player agents, contract disputes.

None of that, it’s the odd few camps that everyone is super psyched for, it’s a qualifying process that’s virtually impossible not to qualify from where the majority of teams are far inferior to you, then a summer tournament where (as England showed at the last World Cup) you can go deep with a decent group and draws.

It’s just not remotely the same as club management. Chris Coleman and Mick McCarthy are examples of that.

Yeah agreed, its why most international managers are either younger ones who have bombed in jobs earlier in their career or elder managers looking for a final payday and a lesser workload.

I just think its a bit harsh for people to be saying that Martinez has not won anything with Belgium when he has only had a chance so far to win one thing and got them to their best ever finish at that tournament. It's not really an accurate representation of how he is doing there so far.

Not doubting your feelings or honesty in the least.

But, a lot of football fans are fickle.
Everton win the first half dozen games under Nuno/Benitez/? then suddenly all is forgiven.

I haven't read all of the posts on this thread, but I have read a lot of them.
Unless the expression " Buddy" has been completely adopted in Liverpool from our American supporters then "some" of the most vehement anti Benitez comments have come from our brethren over three thousand miles away from Liverpool.

In all honesty the bond between any Premiership club and it's owners has been fractured for a long time.
The recent ESL fiasco showed that to everybody.
Clubs now are just commercial businesses where the stock in trade happen to be people(footballers).

There will be people who will walk away because of Benitez but probably not very many , if he is successful anything lost will be more than made up.

I don't think it is an appointment that needs to be made, there are alternatives. Unfortunately none of the alternatives linked with us stir my blood . Most of those linked are ordinary and boring... even Nuno hardly sets the pulse racing.

I still believe that Benitez and others have made it through a process and that now decision time is coming.

I have been supporting Everton since 1969/1970. I have seen more bad times than good. I support the club rather than the manager and that won't change.

But, that is my opinion and people are free to disagree... as you are.
Nope!

Yeah agreed, its why most international managers are either younger ones who have bombed in jobs earlier in their career or elder managers looking for a final payday and a lesser workload.

I just think its a bit harsh for people to be saying that Martinez has not won anything with Belgium when he has only had a chance so far to win one thing and got them to their best ever finish at that tournament. It's not really an accurate representation of how he is doing there so far.

Martinez is toilet mate - that last season of his was absolutely horrendous.

Raffa or Roberto?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back