Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Open to being vaulted here...IF, IF Martinez was to be appointed and then backed with really good quality additions via Brands, we would finish 6/7th next season playing better footie than we have in years. Where we'd kick on from then is anyones guess.
Unfortunately you are completely wrong.

RM has been handed possibly the most talented group of players in World Football or certainly in the top three.
He hasn't won anything with them, nor will he.
I feel he will be gone from Belgium after this competition and let's see what football club takes him on.

Certainly I hope it won't be us.

Hope to god the bookies are as clueless as everyone else on this . On the plus side, at least I’ll be able to do other stuff this winter as I won’t be watching EFC if it is the FSW.

…I’m sure the bookies haven’t got a clue.

The good thing is, there doesn’t appear to be any leaks from the club unless they haven’t got a clue either.

One could argue Martinez had little to do with taking probably one of the best generations in world football history top rankings.
Exactly my point. Suggesting a manager who has the pick of players from an entire country most of whom in the case of Germany have extensive CL experience and that he could replicate that with our rag bag of a squad would be...lol

I just imagine our boardroom to be like that infamous scene in Downfall with Moshiri constantly muttering to himself about Benitez and Nuno and planning for the Europe we don’t have next season. Brands stood there desperately trying to tell him that FSW is finished and there are other managers out there

When I say what I say about RM, I don't mean he's by any means my first choice, he's buried way behind Conte, Simeone, Mancini, Enrique and Galtier.

But, I do believe folks are way underplaying his time with Belgium. Ranking 1st requires a level of consistency in results. Let's not forget they only missed out on the 2018 World Cup to Frances golden generation.

…I think RM was in charge when we were 2 up with not long to go at Chelsea. Rather than seeing the game out, we got caught on the break with our RB the furthest player up the pitch. It was suicide.

Needless to say, we failed to win.

To be fair mate we would have won that game if not for the officials, they equalised in the 7th minute of injury time when only 5 minutes was awarded with a 'goal' that was 2 yards offside.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back