Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
it wont be Rafael. nuno will be appointed next week and the club will come out with 'he's been our number one priority since day one'
If it was Nuno he wouid be in now. They obviously haven’t been impressed from his interviews or it’s the meddling from Mendes on transfers the club don’t won’t.

I would prefer Rafael if it was the choice between the two.

When I say what I say about RM, I don't mean he's by any means my first choice, he's buried way behind Conte, Simeone, Mancini, Enrique and Galtier.

But, I do believe folks are way underplaying his time with Belgium. Ranking 1st requires a level of consistency in results. Let's not forget they only missed out on the 2018 World Cup to Frances golden generation.
But surely being number one. You should be winning the World Cup. I don’t think they won the nations cup either. And they certainly won’t be winning these euros.

So you could say he’s failed the Belgium golden generation.

As I’ve said countless times this week
There’s no way Moshiri hires a guy he’s already sacked once

If it was Nuno he wouid be in now. They obviously haven’t been impressed from his interviews or it’s the meddling from Mendes on transfers the club don’t won’t.

Rafael is the shortest of short-term appointments, another Carlo, just topping up his pension he hasn't stayed more than three years at a club since 2010. He is a very divisive pick too. He would divide the fanbase probably fall out with the board and be another excuse for these players to down tools. Beyond a top ten finish what are we building towards with him? I'd much rather a fresh start and a younger manager we can all get behind if it's between the two, Nuno every day. Although Galtier would have been my preference. We find out this week anyway.

why would he though?

as far as interviews go for any job they interview numerous people then decide who gets the job. nuno was the first name linked after ancelotti left id be worried if they appointed him straight away without interviewing other candidates.

At the start of last season when we won seven straight. Pity we couldn't keep it up, but it was great to watch while it lasted.
True, i think it was the start of the downfall though as we were leaking in goals too. we started to put emphasis on defence and then lost alot of players through injury, then it seemed like we just couldn't get back to the way we played at the start.

Rafael is the shortest of short-term appointments, another Carlo, just topping up his pension he hasn't stayed more than three years at a club since 2010. He is a very divisive pick too. He would divide the fanbase probably fall out with the board and be another excuse for these players to down tools. Beyond a top ten finish what are we building towards with him? I'd much rather a fresh start and a younger manager we can all get behind if it's between the two, Nuno every day. Although Galtier would have been my preference. We find out this week anyway.
The only managers IMO opinion who could last more Than 2 years, is probably a Galtier or potter. The rest IE Rafael as you say the fan base will be against him from day one, he will have to hit the ground running.

Nuno will b a disaster appointment if he gets his way on transfer Witt Mendes. A ream full of Portuguese players. It will be another koeman, gone it 2 years and a squad that needs ripping up. The fans will not accept he’s negative boring defensive football.

Dunc is not up to job IMO.

Howe, can’t even be bothered saying anything about him.

I do think Rafael will attract better players. And will probably let brands buy a few youngsters why he targets one/two ready made players. I don’t think he will last that long, but the best of a bad bunch unfortunately

The only managers IMO opinion who could last more Than 2 years, is probably a Galtier or potter. The rest IE Rafael as you say the fan base will be against him from day one, he will have to hit the ground running.

Nuno will b a disaster appointment if he gets his way on transfer Witt Mendes. A ream full of Portuguese players. It will be another koeman, gone it 2 years and a squad that needs ripping up. The fans will not accept he’s negative boring defensive football.

Dunc is not up to job IMO.

Howe, can’t even be bothered saying anything about him.

I do think Rafael will attract better players. And will probably let brands buy a few youngsters why he targets one/two ready made players. I don’t think he will last that long, but the best of a bad bunch unfortunately
i dont get this beef with the mendes link. look at some of the players wolves brought in regardless of them being portuguese. now look at the players weve brought in the past 5 years.

tenor.gif

i dont get this beef with the mendes link. look at some of the players wolves brought in regardless of them being portuguese. now look at the players weve brought in the past 5 years.
Well they’ve spent a fortune on players over the last 4 years. They aren’t that far behind us when it comes to debt on spending.

they made money on jota. They wouid also make money on Neto Traore. Neves, maybe one or two others. We’d make money on Holgate, Davies, Godfrey, Richarlison, Digne big money on DCL,

Well they’ve spent a fortune on players over the last 4 years. They aren’t that far behind us when it comes to debt on spending.

they made money on jota. They wouid also make money on Neto Traore. Neves, maybe one or two others. We’d make money on Holgate, Davies, Godfrey, Richarlison, Digne big money on DCL,
trust me mate they've bought better quality players with much bigger sell on value. its a fact

I think the owners listened to the fans last time when they were on the verge of bringing Moyes back and if you look at how Moyes did at West ham its pretty obvious we would be in a far better position had they gone along with their first instinct.

It is a tough call for them because you can't please everybody and there has been some negativity from parts of the fan base towards Rafael. However I think the majority will get on board fairly quickly if signs of progress are evident. He's the outstanding candidate and ticks a lot of boxes.

I would also like to add that any negativity towards Moshiri could prove to ultimately be the destruction of this club should he leave. We are in debt but its manageable with him there but if he left we would be in severe downfall. He's actually the best chairman we could dream of along with Usmanov and is only being held back by ffp, were it not for that we would be spending like City and Chelsea did and inevitably be top 4 by now.

So I would strongly advise against any protests against the ownership because without them we would be in a significantly worse position right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back