Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nuno will get it if the weekend gives them cold feet over Benitez.

The only issue then is that Spurs will have offered him the job also which will lead to a further week of indecision whilst he is "mulling over" two concrete offers.

If Usmanov is playing an active role, Benitez will be appointed here, he will simply look at his overall record and any concerns relating to tribalism will be dismissed.

Still time for a 3rd option to emerge as a surprise, the media know absolutely nothing, and any time taken this week without an announcement is probably going to be spent on luring a manager who is already in work.

True, i think it was the start of the downfall though as we were leaking in goals too. we started to put emphasis on defence and then lost alot of players through injury, then it seemed like we just couldn't get back to the way we played at the start.
Yes, a big run of injuries and a couple of red cards starting from the home derby tore the team apart and we were rarely able to put out a strong team. Every team has injuries, though, and your squad needs to have more quality to deal with it. Ours doesn't.

I think the owners listened to the fans last time when they were on the verge of bringing Moyes back and if you look at how Moyes did at West ham its pretty obvious we would be in a far better position had they gone along with their first instinct.

It is a tough call for them because you can't please everybody and there has been some negativity from parts of the fan base towards Rafael. However I think the majority will get on board fairly quickly if signs of progress are evident. He's the outstanding candidate and ticks a lot of boxes.

I would also like to add that any negativity towards Moshiri could prove to ultimately be the destruction of this club should he leave. We are in debt but its manageable with him there but if he left we would be in severe downfall. He's actually the best chairman we could dream of along with Usmanov and is only being held back by ffp, were it not for that we would be spending like City and Chelsea did and inevitably be top 4 by now.

So I would strongly advise against any protests against the ownership because without them we would be in a significantly worse position right now.
Disagree with you regarding moyes. i can bet you right now west ham will not finish in the top 10 next season. also nobody foreseen carlo leaving. we would be in a really good position going into the season with a world class manager and bringing our players in what we were sorely lacking last season (fast attacking players) can blame the board or fans for that only carlo for [Poor language removed] us over.

do agree with you regarding ownership. people seem to forget we have a really good owner who wants to put us up there with the best maybe hasnt made the best choices but he wants us to succeed, hes plowed money into the club and ito a stadium. if he pulled the plug we could be on the verge of administration

I disagree. Name me one of their players that would go for more than DCL or Richarlison
maybe not DCL because to me hes priceless. richarlison on the other hand in the current market, clubs skint because of covid and his shocking season last year id honesty say we would struggle to recoup/make small profit on him. Neto, jimenez,traore probably around the same fee as richarlison. current market value

The only managers IMO opinion who could last more Than 2 years, is probably a Galtier or potter. The rest IE Rafael as you say the fan base will be against him from day one, he will have to hit the ground running.

Nuno will b a disaster appointment if he gets his way on transfer Witt Mendes. A ream full of Portuguese players. It will be another koeman, gone it 2 years and a squad that needs ripping up. The fans will not accept he’s negative boring defensive football.

Dunc is not up to job IMO.

Howe, can’t even be bothered saying anything about him.

I do think Rafael will attract better players. And will probably let brands buy a few youngsters why he targets one/two ready made players. I don’t think he will last that long, but the best of a bad bunch unfortunately
He isn't the best of a bad bunch, he is one the wane his job at Newcastle was underwhelming and he failed in China and will be a very divisive character and you can vault me on that. Also an argument against one candidate isn't one for another yes there are questions about Nuno's Mendes link but fella has recent experience rebuilding a club, appointing Rafael because he has a cv is a fools errand that will see us back here in eighteen months, we need a younger more progressive coach that fits the DOF model. Nuno isn't my first choice but he fits the model way more than another "name" with a "cv" looking for another payday.

Rafael is a control freak who wants his own way he will fall out with the board whithin a season and what's more he will get zero leeway for what is a long term rebuild because of his past. The appointment would not only be toxic but would be a hiding to nothing.

have we beentalking to Conte in the last few days?
I doubt it, and to be honest, if he rejected us out if hand it would be better in the long run for us than Ancelotti bailing out after 18 months.

Someone like Conte could easily take the coin on offer here and keep one eye on his next job, be that in 6 months or 2 years.

It wouldn't matter how well or otherwise he did. His record is already established and we are long past the point where failure at Everton is considered a permanent black mark for your career, the narrative now is that failure is almost inevitable regardless, and you end up better off than when you started.

I think the owners listened to the fans last time when they were on the verge of bringing Moyes back and if you look at how Moyes did at West ham its pretty obvious we would be in a far better position had they gone along with their first instinct.

It is a tough call for them because you can't please everybody and there has been some negativity from parts of the fan base towards Rafael. However I think the majority will get on board fairly quickly if signs of progress are evident. He's the outstanding candidate and ticks a lot of boxes.

I would also like to add that any negativity towards Moshiri could prove to ultimately be the destruction of this club should he leave. We are in debt but its manageable with him there but if he left we would be in severe downfall. He's actually the best chairman we could dream of along with Usmanov and is only being held back by ffp, were it not for that we would be spending like City and Chelsea did and inevitably be top 4 by now.

So I would strongly advise against any protests against the ownership because without them we would be in a significantly worse position right now.
Help me what boxes does he tick beyond "name", "cv", and " experience"? Because whilst I accept he WAS a good manager, I would say his recent record is poor relegation and a 13th and a 10th at Newcastle alongside failure in China. There is a reason he is desperate for our job because he is a washed up irrelevance with the top clubs. We need to implement an identity how many times can we say it a big name manager won't solve our issues certainly not one who has disrespected the club and will forever be a red legend?! His appointment would be toxic and very short term again... While clubs like Leicester, Villa and Leeds romp away for us in terms of long term recruitment plan and identity. I haven't even mentioned the top six. We have been through five or six managers in as many years and are circling the drain. We need to commit to the director of football model. I was fine with Carlo whilst he was here for results and here for the rebuild because he is undoubtedly a great manager but now he is gone it's time to get that identity and slot coaches in and out. A big name especially one a large section of the fanbase isn't ever going to get behind isn't going to magically fix our squad or the performances on the pitch. What's more it's very likely we will be back here in eighteen months.

Last edited:
I can just see it now, first home game, a packed GP, fsw on the touchline, EFC 0 Brentford 3 lol
He wouldn’t last 5 minutes

He isn't the best of a bad bunch, he is one the wane his job at Newcastle was underwhelming and he failed in China and will be a very divisive character and you can vault me on that. Also an argument against one candidate isn't one for another yes there are questions about Nuno's Mendes link but fella has recent experience rebuilding a club, appointing Rafael because he has a cv is a fools errand that will see us back here in eighteen months, we need a younger more progressive coach that fits the DOF model. Nuno isn't my first choice but he fits the model way more than another "name" with a "cv" looking for another payday.

Rafael is a control freak who wants his own way he will fall out with the board whithin a season and what's more he will get zero leeway for what is a long term rebuild because of his past. The appointment would not only be toxic but would be a hiding to nothing.
All managers out of work are all looking for their next pay day it’s like a managers merry go round, I doubt anyone on that list will be to concerned if they last 6 months or 3 years due to the vast pay offs they get success or failure.
I doubt very many mangers especially nowadays have any locality to the clubs they manage it’s just a job to them they fail they move on the succeed they move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back