New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Swansea have won more than us in the last 25 years
We haven't finished higher than 7th for the last 8 years
One top 4 finish since 1987-88 (32 years)
We ahve been majorly reliant on the Premier League money during most of the Premier League era because we cannot produce money the likes of United, Liverpool, Arsenal & Chelsea can produce in terms of shirts, sponsorships, gate receipts etc!

We are basically a Northern West Ham!
The sooner we all deal with the facts that even 'historically' we aren't that big licks, we can lose the arrogance we have seemed to gained and get back to working to be good again, instead of expecting it
Instead of having illusions of grandeur and trying to play with the big boys, when they could all just gobble us up

Everton are and will never be a Northern West Ham, they have never even won the league for gods sake

We won't.
Stop pretending to be an Evertonian. It makes your posts lose any credibility because we know it's not true. Well that and the rose-tinted spin you put on your hero's managerial skills.

We need significant improvement. Benitez hasn't significantly improved any team he's managed since he spent a fortune as the RS manager. At best, you could say he's achieved what you'd expect for some, but less than expected for others, of the teams he's managed since.

No, we should be aiming for a coach who will take us up the table or at least changing the culture at the club. I can't see Benitez doing either.

Of course.

But IMO that's keeping a manger longer than 18 months.

For me though I'm done with whole "Europe and champions league" aim. The aim should be to build a side that teams do not like to play against, build a foundation, and go from there.

And if Benitez had said ‘they are a less attractive club’ then I’d have agreed with him Then and now. But he said ‘small club’ because he’s a toddler that didn’t like not winning in the derby and getting grief for it.

Which is part of the reason why I don’t want him anywhere near us.
To be honest, his petulance in that interview would almost be a reason that I would want him.
He seems to be a difficult focused manager who does not take losing or even drawing very well.

That is something we badly need, I am fed up with Everton being the gentlemanly club. I would have liked to see some of recent managers being totally ticked off after a draw or defeat.

It is the upheavel amongst the fanbase that causes me concern at a time when a new manager should be a cause for new hope.

The second and more important issue is how good a manager is BeniteZ compared to maybe fifteen years ago.

Honestly this has been said about every manager since Moyes left. The most likely way to change the culture of the club is to bring in someone who makes the club their own, a bit like Moyes did here, or Klopp or Guardiola etc are doing now. If - for example - Potter came in and said 'right we're going to play this way, we have a long term plan and unless you show me you're capable of fitting in then you won't be part of it' then the culture can change over time. The idea that the culture is going to be changed by a disciplinarian coming in and shouting at people is painfully outdated. Particularly when that disciplinarian isn't liked by the fan base and the players know it.

100%

Just get it done so I can stop rolling my eyes at the big dunc shouts.
the assistant manager is always part of the shortlist, its kind of tradition and a common courtesy. I think Duncan knew it wasn't him last time when Carlo was appointed and I am sure he is a bit closer but not much this time around. His cause is helped a lot by he fact that's we are talking about appointing the anti-christ according to the rags so he must think "jeez! even I am better than that" but realistically it wont be him.

We are basically a Northern West Ham!
The sooner we all deal with the facts that even 'historically' we aren't that big licks, we can lose the arrogance we have seemed to gained and get back to working to be good again, instead of expecting it
Instead of having illusions of grandeur and trying to play with the big boys, when they could all just gobble us up

I find this ego and arrogance displayed online.

Bizzarre from a fanbase that put up with zero investment for 20 years.

Liverpool fans would NEVER in a million years put up with Kenwright as chairman from day one. He'd wouldn't have lasted a week.

Were was these big heads back then, pre—Moshiri?

Status
Not open for further replies.