New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I judge what I see on the pitch - if everyone did that instead of judging the players/managers by how "nice" they are then we would be a much shrewder fanbase.

As I said look at the love in for Ancelotti last season based on nothing but his "image".

Same way Benitez could finish top 4 next season but some wont get behind the club because of his "image".
You clearly haven't watched benitez and the football his teams play much then.

Fact he is even being considered shows how appalling the management of this club is.

A washed up manager who offers none of the energy or modern thinking needed to take the club forward.

Absolutely lazy thinking, either brains or guts missing among the staff not to stand up to this idiocy.

You say people need a dose of realism. That goes both ways. The idea we are some great attractive proposition and can get anyone is anything but realism.

I've heard people kidding themselves saying opposition to Benitez has nothing to do with him being former Liverpool, or the stupid comment he made. That is also not based in realism. They make the argument its because he has no ambition by going to China for money. What do you think going to Everton is? Because these "options" that are out there certainly won't be doing it for Charity. We convinced Ancelotti because we offered a lot of money. Otherwise he doesn't come here. And neither would Conte.

An argument could be made that Benitez wanting a proper job and coming away from the easy money he could've gladly made by sitting on his contract in China, something we regularly criticise many of our players for doing the exact same thing, is a level of ambition and humility we could do with.

The options are technically infinite, I agree. Benitez is not the only option. But like a search for anything, the moment you start adding filters and whittling down the pool, it gets very small, very fast.

If Benitez ticks more boxes than others and the board are finally going to be cold and logical and make a decision that they think is in the clubs best interests, and not the emotional, sentimental, easy, obvious, cheapest, or political appointments we usually end up with, and they are getting criticised for that as well, what does that say?

How about we just wait and see what happens instead of assuring everyone it "cannot work" with some veiled threats that a small number of our fans will do something to embarrass us until they get their own way.

People keep stating all this stuff at me like it matters. It doesn't matter. "What about this?", "what about that?" I don't give a toss about any of that.

It is so staggeringly easy to get. I do not get why people are not getting it. It is a very black and white thing for me. You do not employ a manager at a football club who most of your paying customers do not like. It's so basic.

You can't take the emotional and sentimental out of it!

"We could easily solve crime if we had no criminals"

Words that mean nothing. You can not solve a problem by pretending it's not there. It's such simplistic nonsense thinking.

How about we don't wait and see and don't do it in the first place because it is an utterly ridiculous business decision?

Obviously not wanting us to be like Newcastle.
I was simply making the point about how long he was there as you were suggesting that we need a manager who will last longer than 18 months. I'm in full agreement. And I was just pointing out that I don't see why benitez couldn't do that.

Presumably you're making the judgement that he isn't the right man for the club based on what he's done at other clubs.

But I'm seemingly not allowed to reference what he's done at other clubs in order to make a counter point?
Not at all mate, but it won't be a long term appointment in any sense, him, big payday before venture off to sunny times, us, the minute he loses a few he will be hounded out pronto that, I will bet my house on, he is not wanted by so many, including me that it's inevitable.

Status
Not open for further replies.