New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
You say people need a dose of realism. That goes both ways. The idea we are some great attractive proposition and can get anyone is anything but realism.

I've heard people kidding themselves saying opposition to Benitez has nothing to do with him being former Liverpool, or the stupid comment he made. That is also not based in realism. They make the argument its because he has no ambition by going to China for money. What do you think going to Everton is? Because these "options" that are out there certainly won't be doing it for Charity. We convinced Ancelotti because we offered a lot of money. Otherwise he doesn't come here. And neither would Conte.

An argument could be made that Benitez wanting a proper job and coming away from the easy money he could've gladly made by sitting on his contract in China, something we regularly criticise many of our players for doing the exact same thing, is a lrvrl of ambition and humility we could do with.

The options are technically infinite, I agree. Benitez is not the only option. But like a search for anything, the moment you start adding filters and whittling down the pool, it gets very small, very fast.

If Benitez ticks more boxes than others and the board are finally going to be cold and logical and make a decision that they think is in the clubs best interests, and not the emotional, sentimental, easy, obvious, cheapest, or political appointments we usually end up with, and they are getting criticised for that as well, what does that say?

How about we just wait and see what happens instead of assuring everyone it "cannot work" with some veiled threats that a small number of our fans will do something to embarrass us until they get their own way.
Stop being sensible mate. Its not allowed on this thread.

Good post. ;)

I don't like Benitez - same way I dont like some of the clients I work with, same way I dont like some of the lads I train with at the gym, same way I don't like some of my lads mates parents.

Thats life - you're not going to like everyone but you have to put that to one side and get on with the job at hand.

If we appointed some complete bum/novice like Howe or even Dunc I could understand the anger - but Benitez does have a good CV and whilst its unlikely there is still a small chance he COULD do a good job here if backed.

Thats why im willing to judge on what he does on the pitch in terms of results/performances - if we are 12th come December playing crap football I'll be the first to call for his head as I want Everton to be successful - but im not going to boo the bloke at the Southampton game over some comment he said 15 years or whenever ago.

Take the emotion out of it and it does us no good to be on his back from day 1. Im not saying kiss the blokes arse as I wont be chanting his name either - but im not going to crucify the bloke for trying to do a job given by our owners.
Mate i enjoy the many tales of your sexual exploits but seriously you can get behind this piece of shoite running our club??????
benitez3.jpg

I don't like Benitez - same way I dont like some of the clients I work with, same way I dont like some of the lads I train with at the gym, same way I don't like some of my lads mates parents.

Thats life - you're not going to like everyone but you have to put that to one side and get on with the job at hand.

If we appointed some complete bum/novice like Howe or even Dunc I could understand the anger - but Benitez does have a good CV and whilst its unlikely there is still a small chance he COULD do a good job here if backed.

Thats why im willing to judge on what he does on the pitch in terms of results/performances - if we are 12th come December playing crap football I'll be the first to call for his head as I want Everton to be successful - but im not going to boo the bloke at the Southampton game over some comment he said 15 years or whenever ago.

Take the emotion out of it and it does us no good to be on his back from day 1. Im not saying kiss the blokes arse as I wont be chanting his name either - but im not going to crucify the bloke for trying to do a job given by our owners.

You (and many others to be fair) are not getting it.

I do not massively disagree with anything you are saying here but what you are not understanding is it does not matter if you are willing to judge him by what he does on the pitch. You are one person. There are going to be, I dunno 10-20,000 angry match goers who will drown out any opinion you have whilst making his job impossible. Even if that's high, 2-3,000 people would make a mighty racket as well.

You say take the emotion out of it, you can't! That's like me saying oh we would a much better team if we all played like Messi. It's an absolute nothing statement because it has no chance of happening. It is not based in any form of reality. You are basically saying if you take out the main problematic issue then everything would be OK. Well obviously!

So to you and people like you who are willing to give him a chance it needs stating...

It is not about you. You will not be heard in the mayhem.

Why would you envy them. He's older than Rafael and has achieved a million times less in the game.
Oh I don’t know. Maybe because he is not a fat, sneering, sweaty, offensive RS, who’s best days are long behind him and because he has not got a history of offending this fan base.

Favre seems quite sound as it goes, while Benitez is, with the possible exception of Allardyce, the most dislikeable manager in the game.

Getting sick of all this .. per season starting on the 5th/6th of July .. Just appoint him if that’s the route your going down ..

Status
Not open for further replies.