New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
well you do tho
Do the maths Matty. Who else are we going to appoint?

Nuno - interviewed and we decided to swerve due to his demands
Favre - Gone to CP
Conte - Never in a million years
Martinez - Will take Belgium to WC next year
Loew - Been international manager for about 17 years - would never be able to transition to club football in the PL
Gattuso - Too inexperienced and volatile (big risk)
Fonseca - Nope. Not interested in coming to UK due to tax implications
Galtier - Gone to Nice
Howe - Too much of a risk for the board
Potter - contracted to Brighton - following the Sliva incident we have probably been warned off approaches to in-contract managers in the PL
Rangnick - Never on the boards radar
Ferguson - Too inexperienced (big risk)

So who does that leave?

Benitez

38 of them.

Even then...
See fellas like you will say "it's only about the fact we think he'll be crap" which is absolutely fair enough

But then you say even if he was smashing it you would be unwilling to support him.

If the club actually do this... And I wish they wouldn't given the fans are so opposed... It makes zero sense to not be happy if it actually turns out well

I know mate I struggle to ever accept him but I am going to block him out and support the team is what I mean.
Nah I know mate, and like I say I understood the Sam circumstances, and I hated Allardyce my god I never thought the situation was that bad.

Benitez to me is a worse appointment than Allardyce, he plays a style and is happy with it - Benitez is a myth of a manager who plays worse football then Jose and has an aura of him being a world class manager. Nope, not for me.

He isn't welcome in my opinion, and I probably will put a pin in it for the 8 months hell be employed at the club, because we will be up the creek without a paddle with him at the club.

Unfortunately I don't even want to be proved wrong, not that I think I will.

I think you'll be surprised mate, Favre always likes working with good academies and by all accounts the Palace lot who are coming through are meant to be really good. Half the squad will be gone and there'll be plenty of money for wages, Zaha goes there'll be money to spend, just a shame for them that Eze got injured.
Palaces academy isn't in the same league as the other clubs he's managed. It might be a good crop for Palace but that doesn't mean they're going to be premier league ready.

It's going to be a hard sell for him to sign any players of quality regardless of money to spend given their reputation as a club and current squad. Who's going to want to join a team with about 15 players on the books, the best one wanting out and the other injured half the season?

A blank slate is good in concept but id be staggered if he pulls it off given he needs a rb, cb, lb, cm, a townsend replacement, a Zaha replacement and then just general depth.

it was a grind of a match too wasnt it! I was at a mates he's a Spurs fan but he cheered as loud as me at the final whistle as he said great clubs like ours should never be in that position!!

I cant imagine how Howards legacy would have been remembered if we had of!
There was that spell where barmby missed the peno and dublin scored - only needed a bolton goal and we were done - pig sick for the last 15/20.

I done this through gritted teeth when we appointed Sam. Benitez is a step too far for me personally.
I stopped watching under Allardyce. Can see it going the same way. Still checked results etc, but not going to ruin my evenings and weekends by sitting through awful football. (Yes I know carlo turned awful, but benitez will be awful from day 1)

Palaces academy isn't in the same league as the other clubs he's managed. It might be a good crop for Palace but that doesn't mean they're going to be premier league ready.

It's going to be a hard sell for him to sign any players of quality regardless of money to spend given their reputation as a club and current squad. Who's going to want to join a team with about 15 players on the books, the best one wanting out and the other injured half the season?

A blank slate is good in concept but id be staggered if he pulls it off given he needs a rb, cb, lb, cm, a townsend replacement, a Zaha replacement and then just general depth.
I just think that he might surprise a few, get them playing right and then burn after 2/3 years like most clubs. We would have given him a slightly better platform for that (sorry @Alan Whittle) but I do think he will surprise a few with Palace.

I stopped watching under Allardyce. Can see it going the same way. Still checked results etc, but not going to ruin my evenings and weekends by sitting through awful football. (Yes I know carlo turned awful, but benitez will be awful from day 1)
Nothing like writing a guy off before he’s even been appointed

Couple of observations about our newly signed up forum members.
Many of them say "I personally didn't want Rafael but...." and then spend every subsequent post saying how great he is (and calling him Rafael is a big red flag)
They all highlight his trophies and claim his recent lack of success is down to the ownership of the clubs he failed at.
They have all latched on to the idea that the "small club" comment is the only thing preventing us all from accepting him as our saviour.
They all claim they support the club not the manager despite never posting about anything other than "Rafael".

Is this one guy as a multi? A co-ordinated attack by sadsack RS? FSW's PR/family members? It's weird how there is so much similarity in their approach and that a new one emerges every couple of days.

I think you'll be surprised mate, Favre always likes working with good academies and by all accounts the Palace lot who are coming through are meant to be really good. Half the squad will be gone and there'll be plenty of money for wages, Zaha goes there'll be money to spend, just a shame for them that Eze got injured.

Favre is 63 and hasn't achieved anymore than Potter in the game. He has pretty much been sacked from every club. He has 1 good season and then it all goes down the toilet for him until he's relieved of his duties.

I predict he won't achieve anymore than Hodgson at Palace.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back