New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes I agree with that. Most modern days reds are not very logical though, and get really offended at quite needless things. Thats my wider point. They hate Martin Tyler. All it's going to take is Benitez to not relegate us, and for a section of them they will see him as a traitor.

They are a very strange bunch. I know quite a few older reds who are genuinely alright, a bit like blues and the above would be true. But there's a layer of newer glory hunters who act like muppets. I think they will find offence in Benitez as they will set the bar ridiculously high for him if that makes sense? Like if he doesn't turn up to the first interview in an LFC tracksuit they will get angry.
Oh the twitter reds from all over the world will probably froth about it, i'm sure. I'm talking more about local ones, matchgoing ones etc. For all I hate them as a club, a good percentage of my mates are Liverpool fans and they're just like us (only with more badges and evidently colder necks). It might seem like it at times, but they aren't literally a different species.

The stability thing makes no sense to me.

There's no scenario where I see him lasting more than 18 months. We have hounded out managers we actually liked in less time than that. He doesn't stand a chance.

Nobody gave me any authority. I'm just expressing an opinion like those happy clippers who believe we are all crap blues if we don't get behind the man the board appoints. Nobody should take me seriously.
He's the total opposite of a stable appointment and a safe pair of hands till the stadium is built which would be sort of ok if the stadium was finished next year

Astounding how people see Rich=footballing brains and success. The glazers have ran United horribly and Mike Ashley speaks for himself. Stop equating money with footballing intelligence. And that's ignoring all of the reports in the media that this was his idea in the first place
Nevertheless, they will all make huge capital gains when selling their clubs.

Their primary ambition is to make money, being a successful club helps them make even more money .... in case you are wondering where the wishes of the fans fit into this equation.... it doesn'r.

Yes I agree with that. Most modern days reds are not very logical though, and get really offended at quite needless things. Thats my wider point. They hate Martin Tyler. All it's going to take is Benitez to not relegate us, and for a section of them they will see him as a traitor.

They are a very strange bunch. I know quite a few older reds who are genuinely alright, a bit like blues and the above would be true. But there's a layer of newer glory hunters who act like muppets. I think they will find offence in Benitez as they will set the bar ridiculously high for him if that makes sense? Like if he doesn't turn up to the first interview in an LFC tracksuit they will get angry.
To be fair if they hate Martin Tyler they're a good judge

Which needed to happen. Used to hate the naive posts in here claiming Bill only owns a small percentage therefore bad decisions cant be on him anymore. If you're on the board and chairman you have sway. Also, like you pointed out, he probably made sure to get a guy in who's arm he could easily twist. The whole of Bill's Blue Boys club needs to go. Not happy with Rafael at all personally but you're right, it's evidence of the old club hierarchy beginning to get changed up which needs to happen as it's holding us back
It'd be almost worth while employing Benitez if his regime swept clean - players, coaches, officers of the club and honorary positions.

My red mates are finding this hilarious that we might appoint him. It's going to be absolutely miserable over the next while if this happens.

If they thought he would do a good job here for us then they would absolutely not be reacting in this way.

They may have gotten away with Benitez last season with no fans, but this year it could be brutal. The toxicity at Goodison is mad when things start going wrong and I for one can't wait to exercise my vocal chords with some booing.

Call it as I see them mate.
Ive done a lot in my 50 years of following Everton, lost jobs , missed the birth of my first born , been arrested for soccer violence when i was an innocent by stander in Europe, spend a good penny , not my first pick as manager but as alot of said will get behind who ever comes in but certainly not a crap blue

I never said every blue is bitter, again your being selective and adding facts
What do you get out of this? I have read other clubs forums in relation to players we are linked with, but never made an account and tried to go undercover for more then a decade just to be horribly exposed almost instantly. Is it humiliating or funny? Real question, mate. Like i said, I find this aspect of the forum superb, so im not angry about you doing it, im just very curious.

Ive done a lot in my 50 years of following Everton, lost jobs , missed the birth of my first born , been arrested for soccer violence when i was an innocent by stander in Europe, spend a good penny , not my first pick as manager but as alot of said will get behind who ever comes in but certainly not a crap blue
In my opinion if you get behind Benitez then you are.

This is not a man any one of us would have picked. It's an appointment being forced upon us by a board and owner who are happy to spite the majority of their supporters because they think he will keep us stable in the league until we open the stadium.

I don't think any genuine blue actually believes this is the right appointment. The ones supporting it now are those who the apathy has taken and are willing to just watch the club make mistakes quietly.

Status
Not open for further replies.