New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
you remind me of Dennis Skinner the first time John Major got up to the despatch box
'Resign!'

I'm happy to be Dennis Skinner to fat Rafael's John Major!

For clarity I don't want him to resign, but I just want realistic targets set, in keeping with a side that has just got 59 points. I don't think that's much to ask.

Well I think United will struggle a bit next season. You also don't know if Chelsea will blow up. Liverpool lost 30 points last season, who knows what can happen. I just think we have to focus on ourselves, and accumulating as many points as possible.
We have to look at getting more than 59pts that should be the first objective

Of course I would prefer the higher finish but I would also recognise where a team is currently at in terms of the wins/draws/losses the previous season(s). We got 8th under Allardyce, with 48 points, but we were miles behind where we were last season. It was a false position, just as 10th was last season.
There are no false positions after 38 games. None. Never.

People moaned about Martinez and Koeman (and Ancelotti to an extent) because they were by and large crap for us.

Belgium is not a big job in football, Koeman is a Barcelona legend and Ancelloti is one of the most decorated managers ever. The roles they are in makes perfect sense without really saying anything about us.
yeah but nobody gets any time. People are too impatient. Koeman and Ancelloti are clearly both capable managers but people want better?

Very good player, but he wasn't world class before or at West ham.

He'd only ever played in the Argentine league and played 5 games for west ham.

Agree west ham's fault for not playing him like
He played every single minute of every single game at the World Cup before he went to West Ham.

He also signed from Corinithians (Brazilian).

He was one of the hottest properties around when he went to West Ham, him and Tevez, he was not some unknown player. If anything I would say he didn't live up to his promise at Liverpool. Wasn't until he got to Barca that he properly began to shine again.

Either way he was not a case of Benitez pulling a blinder by picking up this great unknown kid. He was absolutely known!

Status
Not open for further replies.