New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd love Benitez to come to Everton and lead us to Cup and League, even European glory.

I just don't think there is even the remotest possibility he will be capable of doing that.

There are many potential managers who could do that, he is just not one of them. All he will do is keep us mid table, and divide the fan base completely.

It would be great for the press as they will have a red angle on everything we do, win, lose, draw, sign players, pick a team, everything!
The best thing he could do when presented with the subject of our neighbours would be to say something along the lines of: “I’m Everton manager, I am not here to talk about Liverpool.” And just shut out any questions that try to get him to talk about Liverpool.

He might have half a chance then.

I had to pause for a few seconds before typing out that bit in the quotation marks. Urgh

And Silva wasn't a hungry, attacking coach. In fact we usually went behind, he'd panic, abandon his shape and throw four strikers on, two as orthodox wingers.

I think the style of manager we need is closer to Martinez than Benitez, but we would need someone slightly more pragmatic than Martinez. We seem to find people who are pragmatic enough, and aren't able to find the right balance.

I want aggressive, high energy, direct football. I will never support lethargic, passive, possession based football because it is not Everton football.

We've tried this. We ended up with Roberto Martinez and Marco Silva.

It doesn't work, the job is too big for them.
... and frankly I was excited by both appointments. You are absolutely correct they did not work out the way we wanted them to, nor did Ancelotti, Koeman or BFS.
Because Martinez and Silva didn't work does not mean all managers of that type won't.

I am a red and having heard the burden of my sins for supporting Liverpool from morally superior Evertonians, I want to ask each Everton fan what are you going to do about the banner outside Rafael's house. How can you ever assuage the collective guilt you all have from this. How will you ever wash off this sin of threatening someone's family. What will be your thoughts on folding the club.
Your lot killed 39. How did you get over it?

Im sure Rafael knew that prople know where he lives anyway

99 % of the threats football fans make are empty

doubt he will be too fussed might get a couple extra cctv cameras thats it

I think the style of manager we need is closer to Martinez than Benitez, but we would need someone slightly more pragmatic than Martinez. We seem to find people who are pragmatic enough, and aren't able to find the right balance.

I want aggressive, high energy, direct football. I will never support lethargic, passive, possession based football because it is not Everton football.

You have just described Dyche Ball but he's gruff and a ginger so he aint welcome here.

I think Benitez could make it work but we need pace pace pace. Get signings in with that quality and a compact Everton who can actually play good counter attacking football rather than playing for set pieces like last season would be enjoyable to watch imo.

How did you deal with the guilt of 40,000 of your fans booing an opposition player who had been racially abused by one of your own ? This wasn’t a minority either, it was the overwhelming majority of the stadium…
And the whole squad defending said player wearing t-shirts ffs !

I am a red and having heard the burden of my sins for supporting Liverpool from morally superior Evertonians, I want to ask each Everton fan what are you going to do about the banner outside Rafael's house. How can you ever assuage the collective guilt you all have from this. How will you ever wash off this sin of threatening someone's family. What will be your thoughts on folding the club.
I’ve just pulled out of your ma, she said to get home, your pot noodles ready!

You have just described Dyche Ball but he's gruff and a ginger so he aint welcome here.

I think Benitez could make it work but we need pace pace pace. Get signings in with that quality and a compact Everton who can actually play good counter attacking football rather than playing for set pieces like last season would be enjoyable to watch imo.

There is nothing wrong with getting the ball forward early, especially at Goodison. Slow paced build up is exactly the opposite to what DCL requires.

The best thing he could do when presented with the subject of our neighbours would be to say something along the lines of: “I’m Everton manager, I am not here to talk about Liverpool.” And just shut out any questions that try to get him to talk about Liverpool.

He might have half a chance then.

I had to pause for a few seconds before typing out that bit in the quotation marks. Urgh
If anyone asks about the rs, he should just respond with "¿Qué?"

Stay off the draught Bass mate.

I feel sick. You’d think he was an African child who has to walk 10 miles a day to fetch parasite infested water.

Not a fat multi millionaire with the brass neck to apply for a job where he knows the majority of fans don’t want him.
I genuinely dont think benitez would give a toss about the banners. It strikes me he has the skin of a rhino. But putting stuff outside peoples homes frightens the family more than the man. If his missus or kids are there, then that is out of order, not for benitez, but for the family. If that was done outside mine, my bird wouldnt sleep for weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.