New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone that will come in and stabilise things, may not play the worldy football we’d love to see ( we haven’t got the players for it anyway ) or do we go for the Hollywood name and be in same position in 18/24 months time after spending a massive amount on older money hungry players !! …

Take your pick out of Nuno, Ralf Rangnick, Moyes or Benitez then,

Not saying I want Howe but just wondered what the serious hatred towards him is about?

Totally bizzare, the guy did a fantastic job at Bournemouth to say the least. One of the smallest clubs in the country, and he turned them into a Premier League Club. Punching well above their weight.

Other managers have taken better jobs with way less experience than Howe now, Brendan Rodgers being one of them when Liverpool took a punt on him.

Did they? Didnt see it. I mean, (warming to the theme), other than he is Sean Dyche, is there a reasonable reason why he should be ruled out?
He appears to be another,what might he do with money contender,if he is one that is. Begining to just wish it was already done

Totally bizzare, the guy did a fantastic job at Bournemouth to say the least. One of the smallest clubs in the country, and he turned them into a Premier League Club. Punching well above their weight.

Other managers have taken better jobs with way less experience than Howe now, Brendan Rodgers being one of them when Liverpool took a punt on him.
Yup, Howe did a tremendous job with an absolutely tiny club. When you consider some of the names being seriously bandied about - such as a man who managed the sum total of, what, three Premier League games? - it's quite something to see how this man is regarded by some.

I'm not English, but a small part of me wonders if Eddie is just a little bit too reserved and middle class for the tastes of some. He's demonstrably a better manager than Duncan Ferguson and Frank Lampard, for starters. Mind you, that's not saying much. They've achieved absolutely nothing in the top flight. Howe has, however ephemeral his success. Thing is, Bournemouth were never staying up forever anyway. Their Premier League status was the aberration - not the norm.

Is he my choice for Everton? Not at all. But this thread hasn't been slow in putting forward utterly preposterous frauds for the job, and Howe is not one of those. Sean Dyche and Eddie Howe are good managers. I don't think either is going to get the Everton job, and I don't think either have the CV to match up to some of the candidates who would be interested, but at least they have CVs. I love Big Dunc, but three league games of diminishing returns just isn't a body of work to point to with any credibility whatsoever. If he had achieved what Howe has, he'd be a front-runner!

Howe's run with Bournemouth from League One to EPL mainstay was impressive, no saying otherwise. Problem was the flame out after Bournemouth spent serious cash (for them) to support him.

Status
Not open for further replies.