New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
A fair, balanced view Billy. I wouldn’t be opposed to Nuno either to be honest. Most of the options strike me as being half decent appts, very few get me excited or make me groan in disbelief.
Yeah it's tough I don't mind either of those two as coaches, but I wonder if something more ambitious like Fonseca, Ten Hag or Farve would be the jolt we really need but then they are risks I am not sure if the club would take...

Yup, Howe did a tremendous job with an absolutely tiny club. When you consider some of the names being seriously bandied about - such as a man who managed the sum total of, what, three Premier League games? - it's quite something to see how this man is regarded by some.

I'm not English, but a small part of me wonders if Eddie is just a little bit too reserved and middle class for the tastes of some. He's demonstrably a better manager than Duncan Ferguson and Frank Lampard, for starters. Mind you, that's not saying much. They've achieved absolutely nothing in the top flight. Howe has, however ephemeral his success. Thing is, Bournemouth were never staying up forever anyway. Their Premier League status was the aberration - not the norm.

Is he my choice for Everton? Not at all. But this thread hasn't been slow in putting forward utterly preposterous frauds for the job, and Howe is not one of those. Sean Dyche and Eddie Howe are good managers. I don't think either is going to get the Everton job, and I don't think either have the CV to match up to some of the candidates who would be interested, but at least they have CVs. I love Big Dunc, but three league games of diminishing returns just isn't a body of work to point to with any credibility whatsoever. If he had achieved what Howe has, he'd be a front-runner!
I like Howe and enjoyed watching his team BUT I never saw him evolve as a manager. They went down playing the same way as the played in season 1 when they should have evolved into a much more defensively solid experienced premier league unit.

That inability to evolve and learn makes me worry we have a Martinez / Silva no plan B man and no ability to be pragmatic and improve on basic weaknesses.

This may be hugely unfair on Howe who did some job to get them to the Premier League and an amazing job to keep them there for a few seasons.

But it is too much of a risk to leave our bravehearts in the hands of a man who may not be able to set them up to defend properly.

If it’s Nuno he would have been appointed by now, kind of get the feeling that there is disagreement at board level over who the next man should be.

Bill obviously pushing for Moyes and Mosh wanting someone a bit more exciting to attract players is my guess.

who knows

I remember when we all thought it can't be Silva because it would have been done earlier as Marco had been sacked by Watford, we managed to drag it out a lot longer with the hope that it might be Fonseca only for Marco Silva to get it, in other words it's definitely going to be Nuno

I remember when we all thought it can't be Silva because it would have been done earlier as Marco had been sacked by Watford, we managed to drag it out a lot longer with the hope that it might be Fonseca only for Marco Silva to get it, in other words it's definitely going to be Nuno
I fear you’re right. We might as well accept it. We want to be average

If it like that then it’s a waste of time, if they have decided it’s him what they waiting for ?

BTW who do you think we are holding out for if it’s the same situation as Silva ? The irony is that Fonseca is available and his not even in the conversation.

We've been down the failed PL manager route before (Martinez, Silva) and it hasn't worked out. Nothing to suggest Howe would be any different to them two.
You could say that about any manager though. No guarantees that anyone will do well here.

Totally bizzare, the guy did a fantastic job at Bournemouth to say the least. One of the smallest clubs in the country, and he turned them into a Premier League Club. Punching well above their weight.

Other managers have taken better jobs with way less experience than Howe now, Brendan Rodgers being one of them when Liverpool took a punt on him.
plucky little Bournmouth!!!
perhaps he could do that for us.... oh no, wait...

Status
Not open for further replies.