New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
we have tried a manager from THIS LEAGUE and f all else

we’re a joke
There's no magic wand mate absolutely anybody is a risk. Don't get me wrong it seems like a lazy option but I will back the guy, after what I had to watch last season I just tell myself it can't be any worse.

Doesn’t matter who it is really does it.

This job is like no other. Any manager walking into this current crock of duds has a massive job on his hands.

He can make himself an instant hero if he walks in and tells Delph, Gomes & Iwobi to start looking for new clubs

So, just wondering, is there anything concrete to say this is the way we are going

or have we just resigned ourselves to [Poor language removed] results and believe this to be the case?

Is Fabrizio Romano the be all and end all of itk?

First 2 seasons, not actually boring at all.
Contain and counter attack. If you only get excited by constant attacking, then no you won’t be happy, but it’s still engrossing.
Watching live is better, as in the first 2 seasons there were excellent pressing traps in our own half, just didn’t chase them all over the field like a Leeds or the red lot.
Last season was bloody dire. No escaping that.
There were a couple of decent performances early on before Jimenez’s injury (absolutely bossed Palace, who for some unknown reason decided to press and defend narrow, letting WBs run the show), but it was mostly poo even then, and just got worse thereafter.
Throw in injuries to our best CB, first choice LB, then Neto in the form of his life.

In answer to dealing with deep sitting defences....we didn’t. We were absolutely awful against the bottom teams in season 1, couldn’t break them down and just seemingly generally half arsed them.
2nd season we picked up a LOT of points from bottom 6, mostly through the Traore-Jimenez show.
Over the 3, I’d give it a 9/10, but that could well be heavily influenced by how low our expectations have been in the last 40 years.
Entertainment value was probably only a 6 or 7 overall in reality.

2 7th places and a Europa QF would be a massive step up for Everton in terms of recent achievement, hence why I’m baffled at the level of criticism.
2 seventh places....you think we would be happy with that playing dire football....

lol no.

Contain and counter attack. If you only get excited by constant attacking, then no you won’t be happy, but it’s still engrossing.
Watching live is better, as in the first 2 seasons there were excellent pressing traps in our own half, just didn’t chase them all over the field like a Leeds or the red lot.
There were a couple of decent performances early on before Jimenez’s injury (absolutely bossed Palace, who for some unknown reason decided to press and defend narrow, letting WBs run the show), but it was mostly poo even then, and just got worse thereafter.
Throw in injuries to our best CB, first choice LB, then Neto in the form of his life.

In answer to dealing with deep sitting defences....we didn’t. We were absolutely awful against the bottom teams in season 1, couldn’t break them down and just seemingly generally half arsed them.
2nd season we picked up a LOT of points from bottom 6, mostly through the Traore-Jimenez show.
Over the 3, I’d give it a 9/10, but that could well be heavily influenced by how low our expectations have been in the last 40 years.

2 7th places and a Europa QF would be a massive step up for Everton in terms of recent achievement, hence why I’m baffled at the level of criticism.

Because hiring him shows a complete lack of ambition. Apart from us, I'd say your lot played the most dour, boring, pedestrian style of football last season and either

a) he wasn't arsed enough to change it up
b) didn't have a plan b to change it up

The only reason we've gone for him is to save about 500k compo fee.

It's an appalling appointment from a board who lack any ambition and imagination

He’s not gonna last 18 months in all honesty. The fans won’t accept a team that doesn’t play football, and sits and contains the opposition. We’ve just had one of the worlds greatest managers hounded by our fan base for exactly that reason.

I’ve never been impressed with his teams, they’ve been boring as sin to watch and while I’ll have results over substance, his system won’t work for us. We have no pace in the side and our midfielders can’t pass 5 yards and don’t tackle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back