New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
"level we're at"
lol
Mate we are the definition of a bang bang average club, Wolves have finished 7th twice in the past 3 years something this club has failed to achieve lately despite blowing way more money, We haven't done anything of note in 10 years yet we talk like we're the bees knees, We got Ancelotti because he got sacked and threw a load of money at him, we was about to re-appoint David Moyes.

I didn't want NES far from it, His 3-4-3 is aids but people painting this like it's the worst appointment ever are having a laugh.
I agree, but that is on moshiri's watch. We are regressing every year.

I’m just baffled that for the last few seasons Wolves have always been one of those teams that people have cryarsed about ‘they’re going to overtake us’, ‘why can they play pressing football and we can’t’ ‘ why did we not buy Neves/Neto/Traore/Jimenez/literally anyone who plays for them’

Then when we get their manager it’s ‘he plays the slowest most boring football in the league’

Grow up. Some of you need to take 5 seconds off from hating Everton.
I couldn't have put it any better

I think it shows that mendes will run rings around moshiri. It took 2 weeks because he was going to palace. Either mendes has been in moshiri's ear and that's why they pulled out, or palace pulled the plug because they were dragging their feet. Either way, he's done our owner up like a kipper.
THis is complete fiction. You have absolutely no idea what went on.

I’m just baffled that for the last few seasons Wolves have always been one of those teams that people have cryarsed about ‘they’re going to overtake us’, ‘why can they play pressing football and we can’t’ ‘ why did we not buy Neves/Neto/Traore/Jimenez/literally anyone who plays for them’

Then when we get their manager it’s ‘he plays the slowest most boring football in the league’

Excellent post

It is basically cool to hate Nuno on here

If he comes in and bins off the players i detest quickly and we get in top young players then i may rethink.

Never happening though.

If you can give me a 2nd season anywhere Nuno has managed where he has brought in an attacking front foot style of play...

...or even something to build on to become a top side after a second season then id agree.

Sadly...he hasnt.

I called out Koeman when he was linked and this guy strikes me as another pea from the same pod managerially....not good enough.

The players hes 'recruited' have been given him from Mendes at Wolves...previously he didnt exactly sign world beaters.

He doesnt have a track record at building anything...nor the name to attract players...nor the style of play.

He has nothing going for him apart from safety.

Youre missing the point here.

Each manager Moshiri has brought in has had a different style of play. This has led to a mishmash of players unsuited for the next manager.

There is zero continuity.

Now we have had Ancelotti state that he will change the style to be more exciting, attacking with a higher line. We were interested to see what evolves under a manager (superstar or not) with an evolution of the playing staff and style.

Ancelotti achieved 59pts and had a very high win %. The next stage of the rebuild could be something we could get behind based on the attacking style he mentioned.

Now, if youre talking about league finishes, the fans would mostly get behind a mid table finish for season one if there was:

A forward thinking style
Young players being developed
Promise of improvement next season
Target of top 4 within 3 seasons

Now we have a manager who plays the same brand of football as Ancelotti did without the promise of evolution...more like stagnation.

This manager has:

Nothing notable past a second season anywhere...

Limited ability to attract players

Negative play

Youre a Wolves fan. We get it, hes come into your club and got you promoted (with Mendes signings) first time...then taken you into 7th (with mendes signings for good money) and got you 7th again.

Where has been the evolution of strategy during that period? How have Wolves adapted and improved the style of play?

Sean Dyche, Allardyce and dare i say Wilder may well have achieved the same two 7th places positions with the Mendes signings.

We dont want that...we dont want to watch that football...we want a clear plan from a manager who can get us into the top 6 and then the top 4.

There is nothing...absolutely nothing to say this guy can do it.

Dont know if i agree with that mate and i wouldn't be as pessimistic. No 1. in general and i dont mean you here, people dont understand football. Its not about playing attacking or defensive football, its a game of balance. The best team that attacks and defends wins trophies.

I think people today are too influenced by the media saying such a team play a "lovely style of football" or "play out from the back". Frankly its rubbish and so many clubs and managers just copy each other, there is very little originality. If Pep is in vogue clubs appoint managers like him and the same idea - because that is the way. If Klopp is in vogue then we all need to press. If Conte is vogue we all need to play wing backs. Frankly speaking i thought Carlo made some woeful decisions, trying to play out from the back and play a possession based game at times, it was simply insane and risky.

There are many ways to attack and play attacking football. Nuno has a way, i watched Wolves a fair bit and i really enjoyed watching them, were they a defensive team no way, they took some huge risks. They did it a different way, i suggest in my post transition is more on the flanks, counter and support play - that to me is attacking football, i dont think people genreally understand attacking football and has just become a tag line. Id liken how Nuno played to the Moyes era, were arguably two of our most attacking, creative and impactful players were Baines and Pienarr - thats an example of counter attacking football flooding through the flanks thats what Wolves did. Id also argue its what Mordor do to, all their transition comes from the flanks in their full backs and wide players, very rarely do they play out from the back and through their midfield, Leicester another example, you couldnt really say any of those dont play attacking football. Im not sure people know what they mean when they talk about attacking football. The way Nuno plays is as valid in terms of attacking football as anything else. Its about getting balance, the game has always been thus. If Everton play any other way but balanced and managing risk without dropping a billion like City they are getting tonked see Martinez and Silva. We've been that solider.

As for being handed signings i dont know the truth of it really, maybe he was, maybe he wasnt, Mendes is also his empoyee - so its open to speculation. Regardless from what i see Brands and Moshiri are in bed with Jacobson, Raoliola and now Mendes. Options and choices and networks. if we are paying some lad 5 mill a year to recruit then Nuno is the lucky position of someone there who is supposed to hand him players as well.

Last edited:
Nuno is clearly a very good coach, but he has been massively helped by Gestifute and Mendes parking top players at Wolves. Will Mendes now bring his top prospects to Everton or will he still favour Wolves. Especially with Wolves owner the Chairman of Fosun Group Guo Guangchang owning part of Mendes's agency Gestifute.

But they do not play that kind of football. They have got the best results when the team has been deep and played counterattack football. Against established defense, they have been good at switching the game by leading the opponent to one side before using diagonal balls to the other side.

And does Mendes join Everton?

There's a glimmer of hope this news is just a smoke screen, to end up paying through the nose to "steal" this bloke from Palace is hard to swallow.
Another knee jerk panic signing in the making.

Just hope he gets the same sort of deal us mortals get in a new job........ie he's not entitled to redundancy payments, compo or golden handshakes if he bombs and leaves within 2 years.

I truly thought the new ethos of the club was to set high aims, I'd have rather had Ferguson in as caretaker until a true prospect arrives, cost effective and would have allowed us to bide our time for this make or break decision.

If his teams are meant to be fit and work hard. He needs a new 22 man squad. Over to you brands.

They pressed less than us last season...least amount of running distance covered in the league.

Pressing football? Negative wolves who dont run?

Haha classic day-vek.

Identity prevailing opinion, go against it, keep that view at all costs.

I look forward to your irrational defence of Nuno in the years to come.
I see things very simply: what's best for Everton FC.

Try it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back