New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nuno Espírito Santo was sacked as the head coach of Wolverhampton Wanderers, having been told five days ago that his time at the club was over.

The 47-year-old’s departure was confirmed on Friday afternoon and presented as a “mutual agreement”. However, it is understood that Nuno was told on Monday that he would be leaving the club in the summer, before their defeat by Everton, with the Wolves hierarchy feeling he had taken them as far as he could.
And I can show you articles were it says mutual parting of ways, but crack on with the cry arsing.

Ah yes, transferleague.co.uk who know all the ins and outs of every clubs financial dealing.
More to the point, let’s assume that’s true, all it actually tells us is that we’ve overspent massively on absolute crap footballers. No matter what we spent on them, Sigurdsson and Iwobi, as per your prior example, are absolute crap at football. Sigurdsson is decent at dead balls and pens and Iwobi can do a trick if he doesn’t have to run or provide and end product, that’s it.

You’ve done nothing but moan about Ancelottis football, utterly bizarre that you’re prepared to give a manager, of nowhere near the same level, the time to bring in his own players.

And when won at Arsenal, Spurs and the RS last year that wasn’t good enough, because of fans n’that.

Double standards all over the gaff here
Because he hasn’t even managed a game for us yet and we don’t 100% know what’s in store.

Like I said, I’m underwhelmed, but I’m not going to start the crying just yet.

Because , as a fan base , we don't/ won't accept ultra defensive parasite football with 11 men behind the ball waiting for a mistake from the opposition.
Wolves were the most negative team I've seen play at Goodison for many many years.
To be fair they were very disciplined and organised yes but boring as hell.

11 years of moyes?

Let’s be 100% honest here, any manager is on a hiding to nothing at this club because there isn’t a universally backed choice

NES - already getting pelters
Galtier - not rated even though he’s just pulled off an unlikely title win over PSG
Benitez - fair game cos of his connection to them
Conte - glamour manager, couldn’t agree deal at Spurs
Howe - priced himself out of Celtic job at the last minute
Moyes and Martinez - been there done that
Garcia - outside choice
Terim - bizarre choice
Ferguson - sentimental choice based on 4 games pre Ancelotti

And I can show you articles were it says mutual parting of ways, but crack on with the cry arsing.

lol

I mean it's been confirmed by multiple sources repeatedly that he was sacked and it's been on the cards for month...

But I appreciate facts like this are absolutely terrible for your argument, so I'll back away and let you have your fun.

Wrong, they were completely grim. Remember that 3-2 game at Goodison, they honestly looked like Stoke in gold kits. Their go-to tactic was a long throw from Ryan Bennett.
Yep and I can remember games were they looked decent.
I’m not thrilled with it Mike but I’ll wait and see who he brings in before judging.

Honestly so bored of this clubs obsession with going after so called premier league proven managers and players from average clubs. Zero imagination at all.

Will try and support him but already confident its going to ends in tears, dire football and a big pay day for Nuno when he inevitably gets yeeted out the club.

It's the fear of taking a risk with someone left field. Always go for the safe option.

A line from Paul Joyce's article in The Times: "The Iranian billionaire Moshiri has been leading Everton’s search for a new manager".

What qualifies him to lead the search for a manager? The guy is clearly an excellent businessman, but you could fit everything he knows about football on the back of a fag packet. Joke.

I’m just baffled that for the last few seasons Wolves have always been one of those teams that people have cryarsed about ‘they’re going to overtake us’, ‘why can they play pressing football and we can’t’ ‘ why did we not buy Neves/Neto/Traore/Jimenez/literally anyone who plays for them’

Then when we get their manager it’s ‘he plays the slowest most boring football in the league’

Grow up. Some of you need to take 5 seconds off from hating Everton.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back