New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good post and thank you. But about our squad value…. Um…..
Sorry, should have added: ‘on paper’.
At a given snapshot in time, Sidgursson and Iwobi were £50m and £30m players.
We still had Danny Batth and Dave Edwards in the squad when Nuno came in, that didn’t quite manage to regularly light up league one after the b2b relegation.

Agree with Neiler and Jim Hopper, prepared to back the manager, would like him to stay for 5 years as it would mean we have been successful. Sacking a manager is a sign of failure, and I always want us to win every game we play. Does the Wolves of the last 4 years suggest he only has one style, or was this pragmatism? How did his previous teams play, as I can't even remember where he was before Wolves. Any manager does not work alone, if a DoF is in place. Brands is also responsible for the style of football. I am interested to see who stays and goes this summer, as this should give us an indication of how we intend to play. Give the man a chance.
We all want Nuno to win and be successful. He's never done anything to offend us and if he is successful then we will be winning matches. It's not about giving him a chance. It's about feeling that by appointing Nuno we will be less successful than many of us hoped we could be. The board has clearly "settled" for an available, pragmatic, and competent choice. In doing so, our horizons have narrowed somewhat from the "we can dream" notions that accompanied the capture of a manager who could attract quality players to "maybe we could get Pepe after the Euros".

In many ways, this has nothing to do with Nuno at all. He's an innocent party here. It's about Evertonians wising up to Moshiri's Hollywood bullshit and any idea that Brands is a fully functioning member of the club. This is an "expected loss" kind of appointment. "Well, we expected we couldn't get Simeone, Conte, or Ten Hag, but we'll make it our business to show Crystal Palace their place!" Nuno, on his own merits, seems competent.

The biggest criticism of Moshiri and the club in recent years has been the swinging from one style of play to its opposite. From Roberto to Allardyce via Koeman. From Silva to Ancelotti via Unsworth and Big Dunc. With the Nuno appointment, he's now swung away from "Hollywood" dreams a la Carlo and James to pragmatism and a less hopeful/delusional new reality.

Moshiri's ONLY achievement at Everton to date was to make some of us dream. Some of us have now, finally, woken up. And we've just looked at who's sleeping next to us.

We will need time to adjust to get to the acceptance stage...

If this is the choice, i will support him as Everton manager. But as a previous poster says its a silva type appointment. Ever since Bill hit it lucky with his Moyes choice hes been trying the same trick in the hope he can bask in his own great wisdom.

I walked out of that game when the cat ran on the pitch and everybody just stood around watching it.
We were losing and it was like nobody gave a toss, stewards included.

lol

I remember it well.

I nipped out just befire half time and resumed my seat blissfully unaware Wooves had scored from a corner whilst I was in the gents.

Albeit I am underwhelmed bu Nuno’s appointmen, I am not as underwhelmed as I was by the appointments of Koeman and Marco.

Good luck, Nuno.

The fact is you have spent £280 odd million in transfers in the last 3 seasons. So don't how you can say he has worked wonders on a budget. He has had a lot of money to spend in that time frame. More than most clubs in the league.
1D22E1EC-29B5-4603-82D3-4413EFB86469.webp

And was about to go to crystal palace. That's the level we're at now.

All moshiri's talk of not being a museum was utter bollocks and it's exactly what we are.

Indeed.

There's no upside to this, no positive spin. We're hiring a manager who plays crap football and has a ceiling to anything he can do anyway. A continental Moyes at best.

With all due respect to Wolves, if a manager is not good enough for Wolves, he's not good enough for Everton.

To say expectations are in the toilet with Nuno is an understatement. Usually, that would mean it's easy to overachieve as so little is expected, but that isn't the case here, because even if he starts 'well' we've seen this story before with Martinez/Silva etc. etc. - starting well doesn't tend to matter.

Instead, most of us are already looking forward to the day he's gone before he's appointed, and rightly so because the appointment clearly is not good enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back