New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

I can’t remember such negativity around a new manager. Might be a good thing to manage level of expectations tbh

Would have preferred a more attack minded coach but I saw enough of the Wolves team in 2019 & 2020 to see them play some good footy and get lots of pundits swooning over them. They were certainly better than us with less talent at their disposal.

What I really liked about those teams was their desire to get to the byline and put crosses in.. would be great with DCL. Sick to death of our lot either crossing from near the 18 yard line or passing the ball backwards.

Think he’ll surprise a few.. (he’ll certainly need to, going of some comments..)
That's the downside of following an appointment like Ancelotti (despite his tenure here being anything but successful)
This reaction was inevitable.
Is he a better manager than Ancelotti? Absolutely not.
Can we be better under him than we were under Ancelotti? Absolutely

Give him till August at least mate

If he comes in and bins off the players i detest quickly and we get in top young players then i may rethink.

Never happening though.

Wrong attitude to have really. Gets us nowhere. Puts us in even more of a mess than we currently are, especially if he brings in 3/4 of his own signings.

I get the frustrations but we just need to back him and see what he can do with us now.

Never understood the desire to see a new player/manager fail before they’ve even got their feet under the table, we seen murmurs early on with Carlo who could have changed it for us next season with more additions to the squad. If he comes in, says the right things , sets out a vision and brings in a couple of top quality players things could change.

He wasn’t my preferred choice but it is what it is, he has my backing as a supporter of the club and I wish him well.

If you can give me a 2nd season anywhere Nuno has managed where he has brought in an attacking front foot style of play...

...or even something to build on to become a top side after a second season then id agree.

Sadly...he hasnt.

I called out Koeman when he was linked and this guy strikes me as another pea from the same pod managerially....not good enough.

Ill back anyone over the length of their contract and have done in the past, i didn't want us to sack Koeman, Allardyce or Silva, i dont believe in sacking managers as it just undermines and destabilises clubs and so it has been, Everton have just staggered along as a destablised entity for five years now and developed very little and achieved nothing of progress note, via 500mill wasted.

If Nuno comes in there is nothing for it but just to back him. What i like, he seems to have a plan and philosophy, he builds, if nothing else his teams are committed, work hard and well coached. If we need to take a season or so at 10th or just below ill take that. Ill want a blue print though, a plan, a developmental pathway, ill want a pointer as to how the squad will be developed, i want a plan i can behind. I like an awful lot of what he says, im not expecting instant success ill get behind a manger for a few years if hes left alone to build. and i can see development. This lad has done nothing not deserve patience and time if we decide to give him the job, he has a a decent enough pedigree and potential. Is he a come down for Carlo, yes, certainly in profile - but it was always going to be from one of the most successful managers in the game. But at the same time its not like we achived much under Carlo either.

Those who have had him at their club speak highly of him, if we are being self aware and honest Wolves leap frogged us when they came into the league. I dont understand the boring remarks either, i quite enjoyed watching Wolves most of the time.

I would suggest recruitment this summer is key. Nuno in my opinion plays a certain way, transition in the main is achieved down the flanks - the pivotal players in the squad are the wing backs, i would suggest Digne will be fine, how ever we are going to need a pacy, right full with engine creativity and an ability to distribute, in fact we might need a couple of them. I can see him bringing on Niels - because the way he plays his wing backs are a high energy position and Digne will need a breather on occasion. The flanks need an over haul and variance to, right and left we need at least two, key attributes amongst those players are pace, guile, incisiveness and directness. for me we need two right fulls, a right and left winger and another striker (though id keep Moise), if we are going to have the personnel to be able to provide Nuno with how he will implement his likely system here. Cant underline enough the importance of the wing back and wide players, they are going to be pivotal to us in transition in a way we haven't seen since the Moyes days.

The players hes 'recruited' have been given him from Mendes at Wolves...previously he didnt exactly sign world beaters.

He doesnt have a track record at building anything...nor the name to attract players...nor the style of play.

He has nothing going for him apart from safety.

Ok. So I take it you accepted the 8th, 10th and 12th before that, two of them provided by an alleged world class manager?
That’s the problem with fans, the eternal tightrope between optimism and expectation.
We had about 15-20% of our lot wanting him gone last season for how dull it was, another large group saying give him til Christmas next season when got Jiménez back, and the rest along the lines of ‘what are you talking about, this is still the best for nearly half a century’.

Then there were the few old farts that remember winning titles in the 50s that didn’t think 7th was anything to be happy about, it’s a disgrace that we haven’t won a cup yet.

You’ve got to actually put your expectation level into context. Should you be doing better than you are? Yes. Should Everton be finishing that low with their spend in the Moshiri era? No.
Would getting back to being the ‘best of the rest‘ actually be an achievement considering recent finishes: yes.
If a manager leaves a club better than they found it, especially relative to budget, then they’ve succeeded. By that metric, Nuno was a success. Every manager at Everton since Moshiri’s millions has failed.

Youre missing the point here.

Each manager Moshiri has brought in has had a different style of play. This has led to a mishmash of players unsuited for the next manager.

There is zero continuity.

Now we have had Ancelotti state that he will change the style to be more exciting, attacking with a higher line. We were interested to see what evolves under a manager (superstar or not) with an evolution of the playing staff and style.

Ancelotti achieved 59pts and had a very high win %. The next stage of the rebuild could be something we could get behind based on the attacking style he mentioned.

Now, if youre talking about league finishes, the fans would mostly get behind a mid table finish for season one if there was:

A forward thinking style
Young players being developed
Promise of improvement next season
Target of top 4 within 3 seasons

Now we have a manager who plays the same brand of football as Ancelotti did without the promise of evolution...more like stagnation.

This manager has:

Nothing notable past a second season anywhere...

Limited ability to attract players

Negative play

Youre a Wolves fan. We get it, hes come into your club and got you promoted (with Mendes signings) first time...then taken you into 7th (with mendes signings for good money) and got you 7th again.

Where has been the evolution of strategy during that period? How have Wolves adapted and improved the style of play?

Sean Dyche, Allardyce and dare i say Wilder may well have achieved the same two 7th places positions with the Mendes signings.

We dont want that...we dont want to watch that football...we want a clear plan from a manager who can get us into the top 6 and then the top 4.

There is nothing...absolutely nothing to say this guy can do it.

Sorry mate, that’s just childish jibberish.
There could be many reasons they parted ways.

Nuno Espírito Santo was sacked as the head coach of Wolverhampton Wanderers, having been told five days ago that his time at the club was over.

The 47-year-old’s departure was confirmed on Friday afternoon and presented as a “mutual agreement”. However, it is understood that Nuno was told on Monday that he would be leaving the club in the summer, before their defeat by Everton, with the Wolves hierarchy feeling he had taken them as far as he could.

If his teams are meant to be fit and work hard. He needs a new 22 man squad. Over to you brands.

Of course he won’t, but if that’s his style we can at least expect to see players coming in to add a bit of pace to the side.

I’m underwhelmed also with this appointment, but as I’ve already wrote, 1 bad season out of his last 4 and I’d take him over most of the other names mentioned and realistically in the mix.

Season before last they did the double over Man City and won at Spurs, I’m not writing him off completely.
You’ve done nothing but moan about Ancelottis football, utterly bizarre that you’re prepared to give a manager, of nowhere near the same level, the time to bring in his own players.

And when won at Arsenal, Spurs and the RS last year that wasn’t good enough, because of fans n’that.

Double standards all over the gaff here

Took us almost 2 weeks to negotiate a deal with a manager that was out of a job and who’s previous job was Wolves.

Everton aren’t we.
I think it shows that mendes will run rings around moshiri. It took 2 weeks because he was going to palace. Either mendes has been in moshiri's ear and that's why they pulled out, or palace pulled the plug because they were dragging their feet. Either way, he's done our owner up like a kipper.

And was about to go to crystal palace. That's the level we're at now.

All moshiri's talk of not being a museum was utter bollocks and it's exactly what we are.
"level we're at"
lol
Mate we are the definition of a bang bang average club, Wolves have finished 7th twice in the past 3 years something this club has failed to achieve lately despite blowing way more money, We haven't done anything of note in 10 years yet we talk like we're the bees knees, We got Ancelotti because he got sacked and threw a load of money at him, we was about to re-appoint David Moyes.

I didn't want NES far from it, His 3-4-3 is aids but people painting this like it's the worst appointment ever are having a laugh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back