New Everton Stadium Discussion

To be fair she does seem to be one of the only competent ones in the swamp of ineptitude that is Everton FC

If we appoint internally again I'd be amazed if she doesn't become CEO.

That being said, there's massive disquiet about project progress at the moment, so you want the CEO front and centre at every meeting where the stadium is being discussed. He's not representing us elsewhere today.

Sorry to be pedantic mate but you said Joe Anderson is still on bail, could you provide any proof of that as its a massive allegation saying he has been arrested & charged of a crime. As far as i can tell that didnt happen with what you are talking about above

I miss qouted, interviewed under caution...in relation to the above.

The man's a crook, thats the bottom line

If we appoint internally again I'd be amazed if she doesn't become CEO.

That being said, there's massive disquiet about project progress at the moment, so you want the CEO front and centre at every meeting where the stadium is being discussed. He's not representing us elsewhere today.
Maybe there is something in the rumours that Elstone's on his way out then?

I think Anderson's out of control and thrashing about a bit of late, not just on the stadium stuff but also other civic issues. He looks and sounds under severe pressure. The investigation and jumping ship of those closest to him on the procurement division of the council and the competition he's now getting form the City Region hierarchy is having a big effect.

My opinion: I think we've hitched our wagon to a loser here.

Putting football to one side, the people of Liverpool deserve to know what the city is going in for. and then they can speak to their local members if they disagree or not. The deal screams of shadiness.

People keep on saying it will make millions for the city, yet we know nothing about how the deal is structured and I'm not willing to trust fat joe who doesn't seem like the smartest bloke and obviously has his motives.

Questions rightfully should be asked and a detailed report for the public should rightfully be made.

Look at the west ham deal - another shady as **** deal that cost tax payers millions. I don't want that to happen to this city because its already on its knees (as joe keeps on reminding us).

1. Who picks up the bill for all infrastructure costs, transportation costs etc - the city is broke, can it afford all this work?

2. Is the loan percentage based on the construction cost? or is it a a lump sum? - that is an important question because what happens when construction costs inevitably increases? Does the council loan increase then as well? can everton afford the increased costs?

3. What happens if everton are liquidated or can't afford the bills? - the loan is spread over a huge amount of years in football terms. Ask villa, leeds etc if they ever thought they would be relegated and they would say no. 25+ years is a huge risk for the council to be sure everton can keep paying. because all it takes is a couple of years and the council would be dead on its knees.

Putting football to one side, the people of Liverpool deserve to know what the city is going in for. and then they can speak to their local members if they disagree or not. The deal screams of shadiness.

People keep on saying it will make millions for the city, yet we know nothing about how the deal is structured and I'm not willing to trust fat joe who doesn't seem like the smartest bloke and obviously has his motives.

Questions rightfully should be asked and a detailed report for the public should rightfully be made.

Look at the west ham deal - another shady as **** deal that cost tax payers millions. I don't want that to happen to this city because its already on its knees (as joe keeps on reminding us).

1. Who picks up the bill for all infrastructure costs, transportation costs etc - the city is broke, can it afford all this work?

2. Is the loan percentage based on the construction cost? or is it a a lump sum? - that is an important question because what happens when construction costs inevitably increases? Does the council loan increase then as well? can everton afford the increased costs?

3. What happens if everton are liquidated or can't afford the bills? - the loan is spread over a huge amount of years in football terms. Ask villa, leeds etc if they ever thought they would be relegated and they would say no. 25+ years is a huge risk for the council to be sure everton can keep paying. because all it takes is a couple of years and the council would be dead on its knees.
TBH, I dont care about the effect it has on the city. I care only what effect it has on Everton.

The city will get along by hook or by crook in any event.

I think Anderson's out of control and thrashing about a bit of late, not just on the stadium stuff but also other civic issues. He looks and sounds under severe pressure. The investigation and jumping ship of those closest to him on the procurement division of the council and the competition he's now getting form the City Region hierarchy is having a big effect.

My opinion: I think we've hitched our wagon to a loser here.

I don’t know a single person who likes him. I’d rather we had someone a bit more popular helping us with the stadium.