New Everton Stadium Discussion

I want it to happen mate. I just refuse to see this as being any further along than the other fantasy stadium schemes we had. The funding idea looks seriously ropey, and overall, as with Kirkby, I sense other players with other motives at the docks using the club as a trojan horse and we come up empty handed again.
Hi @davek, if, as looks quite possible, the loan from the council does fall through, do you think that would be the end of the project or would it be possible for the club and/or Moshiri to finance it, perhaps on a more basic scale?

Hi @davek, if, as looks quite possible, the loan from the council does fall through, do you think that would be the end of the project or would it be possible for the club and/or Moshiri to finance it, perhaps on a more basic scale?
Why should it be the end?

Moshiri should be putting his hands in he own pocket regardless. He keeps on saying money isn't an issue yet it looks like it is otherwise construction would be well underway.

In reality it looks like he isn't putting a dime into it and wants other people to pick up the bill

Putting football to one side, the people of Liverpool deserve to know what the city is going in for. and then they can speak to their local members if they disagree or not. The deal screams of shadiness.

People keep on saying it will make millions for the city, yet we know nothing about how the deal is structured and I'm not willing to trust fat joe who doesn't seem like the smartest bloke and obviously has his motives.

Questions rightfully should be asked and a detailed report for the public should rightfully be made.

Look at the west ham deal - another shady as **** deal that cost tax payers millions. I don't want that to happen to this city because its already on its knees (as joe keeps on reminding us).

1. Who picks up the bill for all infrastructure costs, transportation costs etc - the city is broke, can it afford all this work?

2. Is the loan percentage based on the construction cost? or is it a a lump sum? - that is an important question because what happens when construction costs inevitably increases? Does the council loan increase then as well? can everton afford the increased costs?

3. What happens if everton are liquidated or can't afford the bills? - the loan is spread over a huge amount of years in football terms. Ask villa, leeds etc if they ever thought they would be relegated and they would say no. 25+ years is a huge risk for the council to be sure everton can keep paying. because all it takes is a couple of years and the council would be dead on its knees.

Bit of research should provide some clues as to the proposed deal with the council.

Don't worry though as if we ever go down it will "be our fault".

I worked in IT for many years and the contracts they absolutely loved were local council ones. It was guaranteed money, the contracts were made watertight on one side only and the people you were dealing with are not exactly the sharpest, councillors are after all part time, supposedly. The LDL deal outlined above shows this and I am sure there are many others.

I am from the exact area that the stadium will be built and the area is desperate for investment but it is not reliant on BMD, the overall project for the northern docks dwarfs the BMD project, much as we would like to think we hold the key, we don't. Peel have their own agenda and though they may not be against they are certainly not reliant on it and will seek to get the deal that suits them not EFC.

I have said before not everyone in Liverpool is as obsessed with football as we are and all they see is the council helping a billionaire owned football club with finance which from the outside doesn't seem to make sense. I would release all information as I doubt we have anything to hide (well nothing happened yet so it would be difficult to have done anything iffy) then we can all see the plans and the benefits to non-sporting council tax payers.

Peel will redevelop the Northern docks regardless of where Everton play in the near future. However, the shape and speed of that development will very much be determined by the Everton stadium. Not that Peel are adverse to sitting on land like.....

If it did look anything like that then we are definitely getting sponsored by Mr Kipling, after all he does make exceedingly good cake stadiums.

The Kleenex Stadium, surely

giphy.gif

It'd be over at that stage. LCC providing the loan was due to disinterest from investors who cant see this as a safe bet.

I am fully on board with your final line. All I meant was that this loan simply will not cover the build. So, it has been introduced on the proviso that someone else has, or will, underwrite the balance.

JA alluded to Moshiri doing just that. Maybe with a little help from a friend.

The council loan and the profit they make on it is in my mind a sweetener to make sure it’s a no brainer for the council and to ensure smooth progress through planning and building process
It was obvious from day one that the council loan would not cover the build

Doesn't look like the council funding will fall through at all, that is BS
As Anderson conceded last night, it'll have to pass examination from CIPFA, Ernst Young and the District Auditor before there's any vote on it.

There's many a slip twixt cup and lip.

The lashing out at the Echo by Anderson and his downplaying of a huge step change in the conditions of funding from what it first started out as suggests to me that Anderson is finding the scrutiny pretty heavy going right now.