New Everton Stadium Discussion

....bars and function rooms will hardly be a draw when a mile away in the city centre there's one of the biggest bar/restaurant scenes in western Europe.
I’m not suggesting tha5 it becomes a night spot, rather the sorts of stuff that will keep it open seven days @ week.

Corporate functions will go there for the uniqueness. A standout building on the riverfront.

I can’t really see it becoming a tourist destination in its own right. But I can see ways where it will be busy seven days a week.

I’m not suggesting tha5 it becomes a night spot, rather the sorts of stuff that will keep it open seven days @ week.

Corporate functions will go there for the uniqueness. A standout building on the riverfront.

I can’t really see it becoming a tourist destination in its own right. But I can see ways where it will be busy seven days a week.
Yes ,I think it will do well on non-match days .easy access ,waterside location and free parking on site for customers .

It does, but if they get the bars and function rooms right, it could be quite a busy thing.

I reckon the Bolton stadium corporate activity earns far more than the club. I have been to quite a few massive corporate functions there and it is well set up for it. Day long massive company training events with a thousand delegates, all getting lunch and staying nearby.

Tho other part will be having bars that can be open every day, maybe a spots bar? Im sure they will be able to step up weddings and other social functions too. If they have a range of room sizes, I’m sure there would be great demand. Imagine being able to hold a birthday party or a christening do there!!

Im not sure how many concerts there would be, that feels more difficult to accommodate depending on the size of the gig and how they arrange the rooms.

What actually gets done remains to be seen, but there are definitely opportunities that need to be maximised.

Near myself, there is a sports bar attached to AFC Fylde stadium.
Its busy all week and it's around a mile or so from any other bars, pubs etc.
Lots use it to start the night or do something a bit different.
If done properly there's no reason why Everton should not be getting it full each time we're away from home on the tele.

I've got a bad feeling about this. Everything the nitwit in charge has done in his brief tenure has been King MIdas in reverse. But people have every faith in him, and are gung ho about leaving one of the most iconic stadiums in the world to head off to this soulless bowl miles from anywhere by the Mersey. I wouldn't mind if people could point to clubs moving to new stadia with self evidently beneficial results. But Arsenal, city West Ham they've been a disaster. And we are doing this, runniing up a HALF BILLION pound debt, for what, ten thousand extra seats, and a halving of the access routes. Imagine trying to get away from ~BMD after a night game, one line out. On a windy smelly dock miles from anywhere.
The sensible clubs redeveloped their existing grounds, United Lpool, their stadiums are going from strength to strength. Why the hell didin't we do that, and at a fraction of the cost of BMD? Just look at new stuff, the new buildings, and compare them to the buildings of the victorian era. Which are better? Well we are junking our iconic church like cathedral, for a steel and plastic job that will probably age worse than wayne rooney.
It shouldnt need stating, but people seem to be vastly underrating how much of the everton experience is tied into Goodison Park. And we are voluntarily throwing it away.
And on top of all that, how are we ever going to pay it off

Oh no Kev, what are you doing my man? You were doing so well. This is going to draw unwanted attention to you again friend.