New Everton Stadium Discussion

It's common knowledge Dave, companies have had to clean up their acts due to anti bribery/competition rules. Beforehand company A might have a swanky box to wow clients with free tickets as part of sweetner to gain their business, this is now looked down on especially in the United States of 'Merica where it first took off.

This is why places like the Emirates have turned single boxes into lounge spaces instead.
Again - no data to provide proof of this turn away from corporate boxes.

I'm not saying it's not happening, but people cant just say it and hope to have credibility.

Again - no data to provide proof of this turn away from corporate boxes.

I'm not saying it's not happening, but people cant just say it and hope to have credibility.

c’mon Dave

some of the assertions you have made in the face of contradicting evidence your the last person to be demanding proof

just saying like……
If anyone pressed me on it I'd provide it or say I dont have any. There's be an answer at least.

It's not a moot point either. There's a stadium being built here which includes some corporate boxes, maybe a mistake has been made in design?

At last. Thanks.

These hospitality spaces been incorporated into the BMD plans do we know?

At last. Thanks.

These hospitality spaces been incorporated into the BMD plans do we know?

Yes - including a 'Tunnel' club where you can see the players walk by as they go on the pitch.

There is also proposed lodge seating (armchair type seats) and then thousands of premium padded seats that have access to the hospitality lounges. As Tom has validly pointed out we have less boxes than most, but as said that is kind of dying out for the informal (& cheaper) settings.

There will also be space to add more boxes/lounges as not all the space between the tiers is being utilised. Of course if we don't sell out what we have then there is little point. So good to start with a base amount and see where we go.

If anyone pressed me on it I'd provide it or say I dont have any. There's be an answer at least.

It's not a moot point either. There's a stadium being built here which includes some corporate boxes, maybe a mistake has been made in design?

It certainly is a valid point but you don’t think the stadium will be built due to lack of financing, so why are you interested ?

'davek and Tom Hughes' hate this

Where have I said I hate this? Safestanding was discussed extensively at the consultation and on various forums since. None of this is new information.

However, it was a slightly contentious issue at one of the consultation stage workshops.... People posed several questions about the proposed capacity, asking why it wasn't 60k etc as voted for by most respondents. The spokesman said after doing the modelling of people-movement access/eggress/circulation, the site was considered a tight fit for just 53k nevermind 60k.... (It was unclear if he was referring to transport modelling) Obviously the next question was how then will we ever get to 60k even with safe standing? Which made him back track saying 60k should be ok too..... he may have just fluffed his lines under pressure, who knows? Of course the next question was along the lines of what if legislation stops at 1:1, or at say 1.5:1, whereby you would need 14k rail seats to reach 60k capacity (with 39k seats). It was also noted that the club chose the absolute minimum tread depth for rail seats at increased ratio (I can't remember if that was 750mm or 800mm to give 750 clearway)..... which is slightly surprising if we're chasing the highest ratio possible. So yes, there will be some future-proofing if increased ratios are allowed and are sufficiently high. If not we'll be stuck at that capacity or will need to eat into more seated sections to increase capacity.